Please sign in to post.

Looking for travel partner in France for five weeks summer 2013

I am a retired nursing instructor who will be in the south of France from July 1, 2013 to August 20, 2013. I am looking for a buddy or two to share the trip. I will be housed in one spot & have a car to drive. I am planning on trying to see part of the Tour de France as it rolls through my area. I would love to hook up with a small group or individual who is also interested in the Tour. After that I am going to see the sights along the Med: Cannes, Nice, St.Tropez, Marseille. This is budget travel with a splurge or two thrown in. Sharing cost of gasoline, paying for your own food & possibly accommodations although I do not plan to spend much on sleeping over since I have housing. This housing could possibly be shared. I am planning on going to Brest by myself for a few days. Afterwards, I will go to Paris for a few days. I plan to use hostel accommodations as I won't be returning to the home every night. I am looking @ upscale hostels. How long I stay in Paris depends on how much of the expenses I can share. If you have a home, I can bring the car & buy (nice) groceries. If not, I will come by train. Hope someone out there feels adventurous & likes meeting new people. j

Posted by
4 posts

Hello Judith, You and I going to be in South France the same time. I am cycling with in Provence with a group from 15/June to 22/June and after that I want to stay one more week to explore the area. I am open for ideas and will also research on my own. its so much fun. I would like to rent BB but a good one are very expensive so sharing the costs of transportation and nice accommodation with someone would be nice. I booked hotel in the center of Paris for rest of my stay from 29th of June to 20th of July. I have been to Paris several times before but it's been a while and I miss it. I wanted to try hostels but could find any that accommodate more mature travelers. Do you know of any? I may want to make day trips by train to Normandy and Brittany or as far as Amsterdam. I am semi retired engineer and I like active vacations. I hiked in Bavaria, Austria and Poland and biked last year with a group in Italy from Bolzano to Venice, the most beautiful part of Tyrol down to the cost. We did about 60 km a day in 7 days. I walked the Camino Santiago with my niece the year before and highly recommend it. Do you have any ideas? Have a great day,
Maryla