Please sign in to post.

Italy June 2016

Looking for someone who might be interested in traveling through Italy for 2 weeks. I have been there twice before and have done some "solo" traveling and traveled with a friend. I would enjoy some company, but am also open to "alone" time. I plan on traveling to Lugano, Switzerland for one day, Lake Como for 2 days, Cinque Terre for 3 days, Lucca for one day, the island of Ischia for three days and 4 more days in Sorrento. All of the travel between cities will be by train and ferry. Planning on some hiking in Lugano and Cinque Terre and enjoying the local culture and food in the other towns...at this time I have no firm plans for my days or evenings, I just kind of go with the flow...Looking for someone who has similar attitude toward travel, age makes no difference ... it is all in the attitude and what you like to get out of the travel adventure....have already booked my plane and hotel stays, that is about as "rigid" as my planning gets..if this sounds good please reply to this post...
I am in my early fifties, female, not looking to share a room but rather to share meals, conversation and a travel experience... I do not have a specific budget when I travel, but I look for moderately priced hotels/ restaurants and splurge on a good meal if it comes highly recommended. I have posted these additional details at the recommendation of another person. Anyone with a similar attitude and love of Italy is welcome to reply.

Posted by
15795 posts

Golddog, you might stand a better chance if you provide a bit more info, such as what gender and age you are. Age may not be important to you but may be for someone else. Also details such as whether you expect to share a room or not and what sort of budget you're working with; you may have the funds to eat in restaurants every night and expect to do so but someone else may be looking at making dinner out of the market.

Linking up with a stranger can be uncomfortable enough that it's best to provide more details than not?

Posted by
14 posts

Kathy ..Grazie for the suggestions. I have updated the post but now it looks more like a long story than a post..oh well, I have no prior experience with blogs so just have to wait and see. Buona giornata.

Posted by
15795 posts

You did just fine. I think the additional details will be helpful for finding someone who may be a match for the sort of companion you're looking for.