Please sign in to post.

Germany Music Sites April or May 2013

I would like to plan a trip to Germany for April or May 2013. I could go alone with not too much problem, I speak German and have been to Germany before. It is just so much more fun to go with someone and share my interest in music. My plan is to visit the major composer sites including Beethoven (Bonn), Schumann (Leipzig, Endenich and Zwickau), Liszt (Weimar and Bayreuth), Bach (Leipzig and other sites), and maybe Brahms (Hamburg) and the musical instrument museums of Nurnburg and Leipzig. I also plan on a visit to the Buchenwald memorial near Weimar. I'm 47 years old, female, married and would love to share some or all of these sites with someone similarly interested in this history. I'm not interested in sharing hotel rooms or rental cars. I will use public transportation. Thanks for reading my post. Valerie.

Posted by
14510 posts

Hi, What about Mendelsohn (Leipzig)...haven't seen this, and Carl Maria von Weber (Eutin/Holstein)...saw this in 1977. There's also a Weber Museum/Haus in the greater Dresden area.