Please sign in to post.

France July 2013

I am 40 years old and looking at taking the RS Best of Paris in 7 Days tour late June/early July of 2013. I would like to stay in Paris for four or five more days after the tour to see a little more of the surrounding area and would love to find people that would be interested in meeting up for the day to share the cost of a private tour guide (Normandy, Mont Saint Michel, Loire Valley?) and to have company for meals. I would prefer not to share accommodations. Thank you!

Posted by
11507 posts

Nancy, private tours ,, with transport from Paris to those other places will cost you a ton, have you considered taking the Paris and the Heart of France which is 11 days long and includes those places.. guides and transport and accomadation.. it's not cheap, but I really think its a better "value" then cobbling three seperate trips out of Paris together, possibly with three different people. None of those places is a great daytrip,, they are all great OVERNIGHT trips.. I have been to all three, independently for Loire, MSM/Normandy and also on a day bus tour to Loire ( $$$$) ,, so while it may seem cheaper to do them independently ,, and it can be IF you rent take a train, rent a car, and then self guide at site, it can often nickel and dime you ... I also feel strongly that MSM is best done as an overnight. PS Paris is wonderful to do solo, I have done it with friends, family and solo,, and its wonderful solo,, on your own schedule!

Posted by
56 posts

Thanks, Pat, that's actually a really good idea - I had originally decided against that tour because I wanted to spend more time in Paris, but now I'm realizing that it would be easier to add a couple of days in Paris and let someone else worry about the travel arrangements! :-)

Posted by
11507 posts

Nancy, I think you will get the best of both world that way, Paris does deserve a few extra days on its own, plus now you can see alot of other places too. Have a wonderful trip. And post again next year, you never know, if I am in Paris when you are I would love to meet for a lunch or drink.. this is something I have done on solo trips, just arranged a few meetings with people I have "met" through forums. No big commitment, but a bit of socailizing and a way of having someone to compare visit notes while still enjoying the freedom of a solo visit.