Please sign in to post.

Fourth person for very charming, return trip to Morocco, April 2019

Rick Steves writes about Morocco in his guidebook on Spain. This is s return trip in the Rick Steves style of independent travel: independent travel with cost sharing, with an unique itinerary informed by local expertise that is not available on a commercial tour. There are three (two women and me), all over age 45, going from Seattle, WA, USA. Dates are March 29 to April 14, 2019--the best time of year to visit in terms of climate. We can take a fourth person. We would prefer someone from the area, so we can meet and get to know each other beforehand. It's a lovely trip with beautiful architecture, appealing gardens, and atmospheric dining experiences. Staying in traditional lodging (riads and kasbah) adds to the charm of the trip. You get your own air-conditioned bedroom with attached bathroom. Air-conditioned van with driver throughout. Cities and countryside include Marakkech (with excursions to countryside locations), Ouzoud, Casablanca, Fes, and Chefchaouen (the photogenic "Blue Pearl of Morocco"). Cost in the vicinity of $2.5-3 K plus international airfare, comparable to a commercial tour. The person needs to be highly responsible and reliable, able to climb steps of one or two stories in the lodging, able to eat meat, seafood, wheat, dairy, and drink a glass of wine in the rooftop terrace restaurants. Food is mostly Moroccan and some European. Some dress-up restaurants (smart casual, not formal). If seriously interested, please contact for more info.

Posted by
16 posts

Hi Andrew - my name is Randi. I actually meet all of your criteria. Over 45, fit, no food allergies, 20+ year Boeing employee, and I live in the Seattle area. Well, Redmond but close enough. I've never been to Morocco, and your trip sounds intriguing. I would enjoy meeting you and your fellow companions to see if we clicked.

Its so hard finding people who love to travel as much as I do. I have done a lot of traveling solo, but its getting old. No pun intended.

Hope to hear back from you.

Randi