Please sign in to post.

Female Hiking Travel Partner France 2016--Planning Ahead

63, non-smoker, straight. Reasonably fit and not afraid of walking all day.
Have visited France several times, Italy and Spain a few.
Love day hikes and am looking at some solo guided hiking/trekking possibilities.
With a female travel companion, could do non-guided hikes.
Most interested in Provence, but will consider Pyrenees, Languedoc, and Mercantour.
Could combine some countryside time with time in Paris.
Or more country time in another part of France--Brittany, Loire, etc.
I read and understand a little French, speak un petit peu. Working on my language skills.
If this kind of holiday sounds appealing to you, please respond and we can see whether we're on the same wavelength for travel.
My schedule is totally flexible as far as when and how long, although April-June are probably the best times to do this kind of vacation.
Thanks.

Posted by
2091 posts

NatchitochesLA, I'm not available but wanted to let you know about an outstanding self-guided hiking tour our daughter and I did in 2011. All the arrangements were through a company called discoverfrance.com. Not a budget trip but absolutely fantastic. My husband and I are thinking of doing one next year so I'm looking forward to doing it again!

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks. Still looking at hiking options (obviously) and can always use resources.
It's a really great way to actually see France, which has to be one of the most beautiful countries.
Thanks again, and hope you enjoy any future adventures.