Please sign in to post.

Eastern Europe Tour 2013

I'm looking for a roommate for this tour. I know dates haven't been posted yet, but I need to start early to plan something this expensive. I will want to join one of the early September tours in 2013. I'm a healthy female senior citizen (68 now).

Posted by
7 posts

Hi Kate: I am also interested in visiting this area but I cannot go in the fall. I could go anyone between mid June to mid August. I am a teacher, and I am off during those months. My last trip was to Turkey. I traveled with 70 and and 80-year-old friends- Great fun! Let me know if you are interested in traveling during the summer of 2013. Anne abirchfield@sanjuan.edu

Posted by
67 posts

Eastern Europe tour is high on my list and I am considering it for 2013 also. My usual travel buddy won't be available. If still interested in this tour let me know.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi Carolyn. I am definitely still interested. Are you able to go in September? The first reply I had was from a teacher who can only go in July or the early part of August. A friend of mine is also interested. She's married, so whether she'd be available will depend upon her husband's interest. Kate

Posted by
67 posts

Yes, I can go anytime. I'm retiring in two weeks!!
I actually prefer spring or fall.

Posted by
559 posts

Hi Kate, I just wanted to mention that even if you don't find a travel partner, you can still join the tour. They're are plenty of singles that go on Rick's tours (I'm a case in point)! If there's only one other single woman, you'll be roomed up with her. Usually, if there's three or more single women, they usually rotate you through during the tour (so at the first stop, you'd be with Xxxx tour member and at the second hotel you'd be with Yyyyy tour member). At least, this is how its been done the other tours I've been on. However, on some tours you can pay upfront for a single supplement. Even if you don't pay, another single woman might, so you obviously wouldn't rotate with her. This might even work in your favor if there are only two single women (you and one other) and the other person pays the supplement. That means there would be no one for you to share with (since they paid to make sure they'd be alone) and you'd get your own room anyway, without paying the supplement cost. Hope this info helps!