Please sign in to post.

Just Curious.......

I've come to this site several times over the years......always wondered how these travel partners work out. Surely, there has to be some interesting stories.

Posted by
88 posts

I met a travel partner on this sight. We emailed and spoke on the phone prior to our meetup in Rome this past September. We spent some time sightseeing and had 2 meals together while there. I feel lucky, I made a new friend who helped my time in Rome to be more enjoyable. If fact, I just spoke to her and we are planning another trip this spring.

Posted by
2788 posts

Have you checked out the "Graffiti Wall > Help! > Updated: European Travel Partners wanted" yet to see if you could contact anyone who posted there? It may or may not work but just an ideal.

Posted by
16 posts

I traveled with a travel partner who posted on this board for two days from Munich, Germany, to the Salzburg, Austria, area during October 2012. It worked out well with each person contributing skills and knowledge to make the trip memorable.

Posted by
9 posts

I met a great travel buddy on this site. I think it also helped that we didn't live too far from each other and met in person before the trip. I have also traveled in small group tours with total strangers and had a great time. I have found that, in general, most people who like to travel are flexible, easy going and open to new experiences- those are traits that make it easy to get along in almost every situation.