Please sign in to post.

Traveling to Rome

I will be in Rome Italy looking for a female sight seeing partner between the ages of 35-45 years old. Athletic in the sense likes to do alot of walking and window shopping. Planning on walking from all areas of Rome from Vatican area to Trevi Fountain and all areas in between. Not doing alot of public transportation don't want to miss out on all the local areas in between the main attractions. Someone to maybe go out a few days a week. I will be in Rome from January 11th- February 1st 2013.

Posted by
11613 posts

Stephanie, even though you don't plan on taking public transportation, there's an electric mini-bus (route #116) that goes from across the Tevere River to the Galleria Borghese with stops at Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Campo dei Fiori, Via Giulia, Piazza Barberini, Via Veneto, and Galleria Borghese - it makes a nice orientation tour or if the weather is uncooperative it gets you nearer to interesting places. From the Galleria Borghese you can walk through the whole park to the Pincio for a great view of Rome and then take the path down to Piazza del Popolo.

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks Zoe, I don't think I have taken that particular electric bus but I am familiar with the those smaller buses that go on the backstreets as well as the #19 tram. I will be taking a lot of photographs on this particular trip and will be focusing on the story of Rome outside of the main monuments. In order to do that I'm going to need to be on foot. Of course not the entire time...