Please sign in to post.

Siena at night!?

I am a solo traveler and will be staying in Siena as base to tour Tuscany. Does anyone have any suggestions as to restaurants, bars, etc. where I could go in the evening and feel more comfortable or welcomed being by myself? This question might sound ridiculous but it has been my experience that certain places are not as welcoming to someone dining alone. Thank you.

Posted by
1321 posts

Angelina, Don't worry at all about dining alone. In Sienna, I shared a table with two very handsome young Italian men who were grabbing a quick bite before going out to watch a soccer game. They were so nice to put up with my questions. I try to choose restaurants that have communal tables or that you can have a meal at the bar. I have on very few occasions felt uncomfortable but those times were not while traveling in Italy. Sienna is gorgeous at night. Enjoy your trip. Ciao! Linda

Posted by
73 posts

Well that sounds like a fun evening! Handsome Italian men are always a good thing; thank you, Linda, I appreciate your reply. And I'm thinking, how bad can it be, I'll be in Italy!! Take Care.

Posted by
1633 posts

Angelina, also post your question on the "To the Boot" section of this forum to get more ideas and answers for Siena dining. Sounds like a fun trip. I always admire individuals who can travel solo.

Posted by
73 posts

Thank you Denise and I did post my question on the to the boot section. I actually posted it here by mistake. Anyway, it has turned out beautifully. Met a woman also staying in Siena alone and we've gotten together for dinner and she has introduced me to her friends so it has worked out well. Traveling alone is more fun than I thought it would be.