Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, November 14, 2020

Please join our next (virtual) East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting.
Visitors are welcome and encouraged!

WHEN: Saturday, November 14, 2020 @ 11am-12:30pm (Pacific time)

WHERE: virtual meeting, I will send the meeting link to participants

TOPICs: this month we'll travel to Romania (corrected)
- Plus, a US travel destination (a road trip from the SF Bay Area) with a touch of Basque Culture

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted)
December 5, 2020 @ 11am PT (1st Saturday) - topic will be Christmas Markets
January 9, 2021 @ 11am PT
February 13, 2021 @ 11am PT
March 13, 2021 @ 11am PT - I hope this may be an in-person meeting, socially distanced somewhere (virtual meeting as backup)

Posted by
4534 posts

When you let me know that you'd like to join the November meeting, please also let me know (via pm or post):

• a destination you would like to share with the group in a future meeting
  • destinations you would like to hear about from others
  • December meeting: please let me know if you'd like to share your Christmas markets trip or any winter trips you've taken
Posted by
5697 posts

We may have to miss the meeting for a (gasp!) person-to-person visit with Ed's daughters in Nevada.

Posted by
740 posts

Hi Catherine,
Count me in for November! I can share Alsace (Colmar & Strasbourg) Xmas markets at our Dec. meeting.
Christine

Posted by
2417 posts

I'll be there with bells on --
and I think I can add to the Basque culture if this is what I think it is

Posted by
3776 posts

I would love to be included. Romania has been on my radar for awhile. If it is possible, please let me know. Thank you in advance

Posted by
282 posts

Hi, Catherine. I’d like to attend the November meeting. Looking forward to the Romania presentation.

Thanks.

Posted by
4534 posts

I have sent the link to everyone who has responded up-thread or via PM: Lynn, Carol, Valerie, Barbara, SharYn, Barbara N, Christine and Pat from Indiana. I'm not getting the application errors that I was getting in past months, but please still check that you received the link.

Laura B, I sent the link to you "just in case" but I hope your trip to Nevada goes smoothly and you'll tell us about it in December, along with (I hope) some pictures from your past Christmas market trips.

diveloonie, I'm sorry that we will miss you, but it's fabulous that you're taking a dive trip! I hope you'll tell us about it after you're back.

Posted by
4534 posts

Avi - yes please do share anything you'd like about the Basque culture, either in the US or Europe. Do you have some photos you'd like to share?

Posted by
2417 posts

For local Basque culture I have in mind Reno, NV rather than the spots in SF Northbeach and South San Francisco -- I'll see if I can find my photos from Reno...

Posted by
4534 posts

Avi, that sounds great! I wasn't aware of Basque culture in Reno. That will be a nice complement to what I'll share, which also isn't San Francisco, and a good reason to go back through Reno!

Posted by
3941 posts

I am definitely not in the East Bay Area, but would love to sit in and listen, if you have room. I wouldn’t want to take a regular’s spot, though!

Posted by
4534 posts

Anne, Priscilla and TravelMom, I've sent the link to each of you via pm. Please make sure you received it.

TravelMom, we have room and we're happy to have you and any visitors who would like to join!

Posted by
4534 posts

JeffWilbur - I just sent you the link, see you online!

Posted by
5697 posts

Thanks for the link, Catharine -- change in plans for next weekend so I will join the meeting on Saturday morning, leave for Nevada Saturday afternoon. Hoping for clear roads to Sparks!
EDIT: we plan to ask the 30-something daughters for help getting Christmas markets photos into a viewable format for December.

Posted by
4021 posts

Is there still space? I'd like to join in again.

Posted by
4534 posts

mln, Gayleen and Allan - I've sent the link to each of you via private message.
Laura B - I'm glad you'll be joining us, and we all hope you'll have a smooth, clear drive to Nevada!

Looking forward to seeing each of you - all of you - online on November 14th!

And yes, there is plenty of space and we welcome participants, from everywhere!

Posted by
4534 posts

Judy B, I've just sent you the link (via private message) and instructions for this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you online!

Posted by
2417 posts

Catherine always seems to bring out our best and keep us corraled for these meetings effortlessly --
thanks so much!

Today's show'n'tell demonstrated how places that you might at first consider out of the way can really come alive with some care and attention - ID and Romania both deserve visits :-)

Posted by
3941 posts

I was thinking the same, Avi! Thanks, CWSocial - for the meeting and making me feel welcome. And thanks to you three who reported/presented. I enjoyed it very much. (And sorry for having to duck out a little early but my best friend from far away unexpectedly popped in to town for a few hours this weekend. )

Posted by
4534 posts

It was wonderful to have travelers from all across the US today: from Idaho to Texas, from Brooklyn and Atlanta to San Francisco and LA. And thank you to Carol for taking us all on a fabulous photo trip to Romania!!

I hope to see you all again at the Christmas Markets in December.

Posted by
1499 posts

Thanks, Catherine, for another fun meeting. It was great to tie other countries, Basque countries, to locations here. I made a note of the Reno Basque restaurants should we ever pass through - maybe on the way home from Boise. We didn't know how much beautiful scenery was in that area. Boise is now on our list of places for short trips from home.

Looking forward to Christmas markets!