Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, May 8, 2021

Please join our (virtual) East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting.
Visitors are encouraged!

WHEN: Saturday, May 8, 2021 @ 11am-1:00pm (Pacific time)

WHERE: virtual meeting, I will send the link via private message to participants

ARMCHAIR TRAVELS:
Join our fellow traveler diveloonie aka Tammy as she shares memories of her trip to South Africa!

TOPIC:
2021 Trips and plans - where are you traveling this year? We've got several travelers who have taken (or are taking) trips; let's hear about their adventures.

2022 Travel Dreams - we'll leave the realities of lockdowns, timing and restrictions to the news, while we talk about the places we dream of visiting when the world is open to us! Where will you go? Will you hit rewind on your 2020 trips or start fresh?

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted)
June 12, 2021 @ 11am PT (in-person?)
July 10, 2021 @ 11am PT (to be decided: virtual or in-person)
August 14, 2021 @ 11am PT (to be decided: virtual or in-person)
September 11, 2021 @ 11am PT (virtual)

Posted by
4577 posts

I've sent the link via private message to everyone up-thread, with thanks to avirosemail for setting us up for another virtual meeting.

Posted by
32683 posts

yes please Catherine and Avi (subj to 86 boohoo)

Posted by
4577 posts

Link sent, Nigel and Travelmom, so glad you'll both join us!

Posted by
9420 posts

Hi Catherine, I’d like to try to join if you have room.

Posted by
4577 posts

Susan and Christine, I've sent you both the link via forum message. Looking forward to seeing you both!

(Susan we always have room!)

Posted by
4577 posts

Meeting link just sent, mln. So glad you'll be joining us to talk about travel possibilities!

Posted by
4577 posts

Carolyn, meeting link just sent. Bring your travel plans and dreams!

Posted by
9420 posts

Hi, turns out my sister’s coming to visit Saturday at 11 so I’ll miss this meeting, darn!

Posted by
4577 posts

Link just sent, diveloonie.
Susan, you are welcome anytime your schedule allows!

Posted by
2442 posts

Hey, everyone, if you get a chance before we meet check out this week's RS radio show podcast episode -- it's a re-edit of a Mother's Day show from a few years back, but the last segment is set in San Francisco / Berkeley (yay) and is by Sarah McCormick. The opening segment is also very moving, about the passing of Rick's mother.
https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/audio/radio

Posted by
26 posts

I hope to join the travel gang tomorrow.

Posted by
4577 posts

Anne, link just sent via private message.

There's still room if anyone else would like to join. I will check this thread and my messages up until half an hour before meeting start time.

See everyone online tomorrow morning!

Posted by
32683 posts

Great Meeting with vultures!! Thanks Catherine (and Tammy and others)

Posted by
285 posts

Another fun meeting. Thanks, Catherine, Tammy and everyone else.

Posted by
2442 posts

We made it to the very ends of the earth in this meeting; it was great visiting with everyone ;-)

Posted by
301 posts

Yes, great meeting! And thank you Tammy for sharing another of your great travel adventures! Complete with said swarming vultures as mentioned by Nigel. It took my breath away with the intensity ... and so many ... yikes!