Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, July 11, 2020

Please join our next (virtual) East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting!
Visitors always welcome, and especially now when it's so easy to join from across the country.

WHEN: Saturday, July 11, 2020 @ 11am-12:30pm (Pacific time) (we might go over time, but not more than 2 hours)

WHERE: virtual meeting
Please let me know if you can attend so that I can provide you with the URL for the Zoom meeting.

TOPIC: armchair travels from the archives
- favorite museum, walk, restaurant or any individual sight (3-5 minutes, photos optional)
- tempt us with the highlights of a city you loved or the best parts of a trip you took (12-15 minutes)

Please let me know if you'd like to give a "highlights" presentation. We'll probably have time for two.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted):

August 8, 2020 @ 11am
September (TBD, likely Sept 12th @ 11am, I'm still pretending there's a chance I could go to Poland, haha!)
October 17, 2020 @ 11am (3rd Saturday
November 14, 2020 @ 11am

Posted by
2456 posts

We're supposed to hear from Tammy about Norway at this meeting, right?
And we also had a secret square that we didn't get to yet ...

Posted by
3224 posts

I will be there ( virtually)! I have my Norway slide show done on PowerPoint, but not sure how to share with everyone. Avi, maybe you could help me?

Posted by
1506 posts

We also plan on being there. Looking forward to Norway and Jeff's surprise presentation!

Posted by
4601 posts

So glad you'll make it, Avi, diveloonie and Carol and Tony!

diveloonie, I should be able to help you with the share screen. It's pretty simple - there is a "share screen" button - but sometimes the devil is in the details. Would you like to schedule a time that we can do a quick test run? I'll message you and we can plan a time.

Posted by
4601 posts

JeffWilbur - will you be taking us to your surprise destination?!? Should we pack for warm weather or cool weather?

Posted by
304 posts

I’d love to come! If I’m not in transit, I will come and meet everyone.
Thanks ~
Laura

Posted by
5697 posts

See you all on the 11th. I may even bring my renewed passport for show-and-tell -- it only took four months!
Lauri (and Ed in the background)

Posted by
744 posts

I'll be there! Looking forward to Tammy's power point on Norway and Jeff's surprise!
Christine

Posted by
1307 posts

I'm planning to attend as well.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
SharYn

Posted by
8942 posts

Should I expand away from Sacramento and join your meeting too?

Posted by
4601 posts

So glad to see all of you who will be armchair traveling with us next Saturday. Ms Jo, we would absolutely love for you to join!

I've sent the link to each of you: Carol, Laura, Laura B, Christine, Catrinatravels, diveloonie aka Tammy, SharYn and Ms Jo.

Please let me know who else would like to join and I will send the meeting details.

Posted by
4601 posts

Great, jobeck52 (Robin), I just sent you the meeting details via private message.

Posted by
655 posts

Hi Catherine,

I'll be there--looking forward to it. As usual I'll probably need to leave a little early (12:30ish).

Posted by
234 posts

I’d love to join you. Got to one meeting in Orinda, the a couple conflicts, then you know what hit.
Patty from Pleasant Hill

Posted by
4601 posts

Barbara N and Patty - I sent you each a private message with the meeting details. So glad you'll join us!

We still have room if anyone else would like to join us on Saturday! Out of staters, out of country - we'd love to have you!

Posted by
2456 posts

Another great virtual meeting - fun catching up with everyone,
and unusual to get a look at the summer heat versions of Norway and Sweden!

Posted by
744 posts

Yes, another fun travel meeting! Loved the presentations and visiting with everyone!
Christine

Posted by
4601 posts

JeffWilbur and "diveloonie" - thank you so much for taking us (virtually) to such interesting places today. I really felt like I had a little afternoon travel escape!

Posted by
1506 posts

Agree, another great meeting. We really enjoyed 'traveling' to Scandinavia. Such great scenery and interesting trips! Thanks to the presenters for a great get-a-way.

Posted by
301 posts

Yes, wonderful escapes, many thanks to Tammy and Jeff!

Posted by
4601 posts

diveloonie, thanks for the link. I was just looking at your beautiful album pictures of Scotland and Ireland. Those both look like great presentations for another meeting!

And, ummmm, can I be one of your kids and go on your vacations?!? Wow, it looks like you all have so much fun doing such interesting things!

Posted by
304 posts

It was nice to "meet" everyone, and we really enjoyed the presentations and Tammy's online photo album. We were in Scotland that month, too – perhaps our paths crossed :-)

I remember the heat wave – it was so hot in London in July 2018 that we dreaded getting on a bus or the Tube, so we did a lot more walking than usual! Luckily it's a very walkable city.

I thought of two books I read recently when the book on Viking Economics was mentioned – The Almost Nearly Perfect People and The Year of Living Danishly. Both are informative and also very entertaining.

See everyone next month!