Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, Feb 12, 2022

**Please join our East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting!
We welcome newcomers and travelers from around the globe to our online meetings, up to practical online meeting capacity.

WHEN: Saturday, February 12, 2022 @ 11am-1:00pm (Pacific time)

WHERE: online
Please RSVP on this thread
I will send the meeting link via private messages during the week before the meeting.

TOPICS
Come hear about recent travels and let's discuss our plans for 2022.

Travels
TravelMom - Prague
CWSocial - a sight in Prague (from my 2nd visit) that sparked my interest to learn more

Everyone - please bring your travel memories of Prague and the Czech Republic
- do you have a few favorite photos from Prague (or another destination) that you'd like to share?

Please let me know if you have past or upcoming travels that you'd like to share!

Group Discussions
Sights that spark your interest to learn more:
During my last visit to Prague, I took a tour with Jason (Living Prague Tours), who showed me a sight that sparked my interest to learn more. Is there a sight (in any country) that sparked you to learn more about that history? Please bring your stories, and photos of the place that lit the spark.

2nd Visits
Have you been to favorite destinations more than once? (I know some of you have!) How do those 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) visits compare? Do you plan the same way? Do you revisit sights that you've previously been to? Do you stay in the same place? Go back to some of the same restaurants? Or do you try for something new? Were you ever disappointed by a 2nd visit? Or conversely, did you like a place better the 2nd time around?

Please let me know of other discussion topics for this or future meetings.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted)
March 12, 2022 @ 11am PT (Update: virtual)
April 9, 2022 @ 11am PT
May 14, 2022 @ 11am PT

Posted by
2463 posts

A National Geographic article about recovering a sunken Roman trading ship from the Rhone river and displaying it at the history museum in Arles inspired me to do a multi-stop trip down the Rhone from Lyon to Marseilles. It included many archaeological sites.

Posted by
4634 posts

TravelMom, I'm definitely not tired of hearing of actual travels!! And besides, I loved tagging along with you and your merry band of Santa-hat gals to Paris!

avirosemail, excellent, please do tell us about it at the meeting!

SharYn, you're in and I'm glad you can make it!

I'll send messages with the link closer to the meeting date.

Posted by
1508 posts

We hope to make it but it's possible a family visit might be scheduled. Count us in for the time being. Would love to hear about Prague!

Posted by
746 posts

Count me in, too!

TravelMom I'd love to hear about your trip to Prague.

Posted by
289 posts

Please count me in. Travelmom, I’d like to hear about your Prague trip and about Avi’s or anyone else’s trips.

Posted by
32788 posts

I'm in for santa hatted TravelMom and moving ships

Posted by
4634 posts

I've sent the meeting link to everyone who has responded thus far. There's still space if others would like to join!

Also, I'm adding a discussion topic about "2nd visits" - see it in the original post, above.

Posted by
4634 posts

There is still room to join! Everyone is welcome, regardless of your geography - we have regular participation from across the US and in Europe.

I will check this thread until about 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting for anyone who would still like to visit Prague with TravelMom and discuss 2nd visits and visits that sparked your curiosity to learn more.

Posted by
304 posts

I’m on the late side to reply, hoping I can still join. I haven’t been to Prague yet though (planned twice), looking forward to everyone’s thoughts, thank you!

Posted by
4634 posts

Hi mln!

Sending the link now via pm....you should have it now....

Posted by
4634 posts

Diane, thank you for the link and we hope you can join us another time!

Posted by
2463 posts

Great stories as usual today, kudos to CWsocial for bringing us together and travelmom for setting such a high bar for us travel addicts to aspire towards. "-)

Posted by
304 posts

Fun meeting, nice to see everyone! lol Avi, but oh so true

Posted by
4107 posts

Quit laughing…. 🤣🤣🤣🛫

As always, thanks to CW and Avi for making it happen. A great group!

Posted by
4634 posts

So much fun today. But seriously, it's like an alcoholic going to a bar. Ah, the travel temptations!!

Posted by
4634 posts

Planning ahead for our March and April meetings....please let me know what topics or destinations interest you.

Any travels from your archives that you would like to share? It doesn't have to be a full-length photo album. A few photos (such as I did today) on a favorite memory or meal or museum or performance is also fabulous! It doesn't even have to be photos - you can find something on the web and share from there.

Posted by
289 posts

It was a very fun meeting today. So many travel plans. CWSocial, yes, it is like an alcoholic going to a bar. Thanks to CWSocial and Avi for coordinating today’s meeting and to Travelmom and CWSocial for sharing your Prague photos.

Posted by
32788 posts

Our Texan has REALLY set the bar high!!!

Posted by
4107 posts

Nigel, your Texan may or may not have gone a little stir crazy. 🤣🤣
and Valerie, it could TOTALLY be go home! Lol! I have big plans but at least am all cancellable or refundable. So not totally crazy. Life can happen….. but I promise to be more organized in 2023. 🤣

Posted by
32788 posts

yeah, like shoehorning more into what tiny gaps remain? 😂

Posted by
4634 posts

That may be true now, but we're working on closing that up!