Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, December 5, 2020

Please join our next (virtual) East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting.
Visitors are welcome and encouraged!

WHEN: Saturday, December 5, 2020 @ 11am-12:30pm (Pacific time)

WHERE: virtual meeting; after Thanksgiving, I will send the meeting link to participants

TOPICs:
Travel virtually with Christine as she takes us to Alsace region Christmas markets in Colmar and Strasbourg.

Everyone: do you buy holiday ornaments as souvenirs of your travels? Please bring one to show and tell us where you were when you bought it. Even better if you'd like to share a photo of where you bought it!

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted)
January 9, 2021 @ 11am PT
February 13, 2021 @ 11am PT
March 13, 2021 @ 11am PT - I hope this may be an in-person meeting, socially distanced somewhere (virtual meeting as backup)
April 10, 2021 @ 11am PT

Posted by
5697 posts

We will be there, with comments on the beautiful Christmas markets of Strasbourg and Colmar. Will hold up Christmas glühwein mugs from several countries in front of the camera.

Lauri and Ed

Posted by
744 posts

Looking forward to sharing my wonderful Alsatian Xmas markets experience with all of you.

Lauri and Ed, I was hoping that you would chime in about your trips and bring your Christmas glühwein mugs to our virtual meeting.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Christine

Posted by
4600 posts

I've sent the meeting link to everyone who has responded above: Carol, SharYn, Christine, Laura B, Barbara, mln, Barbara N, and Travelmom. Many thanks to avirosemail for setting it up for us!

We have plenty of room and enjoy the mix of "locals" and out of town visitors. Bring a souvenir ornament to show, a story of your own Christmas Market travels to tell, or just grab a cup of hot chocolate and join us on our virtual visit with Christine to the Christmas Markets!

Posted by
285 posts

Hi, Catherine,
I have a partial schedule conflict with a live seminar which goes until around 11:15 AM PT. Is there any chance that I could join your meeting at about 11:15-11:20? If that’s too late - or if there isn’t space for more people now, I certainly understand. Thanks.

Posted by
4600 posts

Priscilla, Anne, and Valerie, I've sent you the link.

Valerie - there's plenty of space and we'd love to have you whenever you can join us!

Posted by
11 posts

Hi Catherine,

If there's room available, I'd love to join the December meeting.

Thanks,
Gayleen

Posted by
4600 posts

Hi Gayleen, I've just sent you the meeting link. See you on December 5th!

Posted by
8939 posts

I promise to be there this time, if allowed to join. Have a whole collection of mugs to show

Posted by
4600 posts

Hi diveloonie, welcome back! I've just sent you the link and hope you can make it!

Posted by
32732 posts

I'd like to join, but may have a conflict. I hope to be free and would like an invite please, CWsocial

Posted by
4600 posts

Nigel, I just sent you the link and the meeting instructions. Please check those out ahead of time for the necessary security steps.

I hope you can make it!

Posted by
744 posts

Thank you, Travelmom! I loved sharing my Xmas market memories.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Posted by
118 posts

Although I've researched trips for years by reading the RS forums, I've never knew this "travel group forum" existed. Is it ok for me to join even though I've never been on a RS Tour? My DH & I have traveled independently for the past 22 years and love RS books. Although I've researched trips for years by reading the RS forums, I've never knew this "travel group forum" existed. We visited the Christmas markets in Vienna, Münster, Essen & Cologne for the first time in Dec 2019 and absolutely loved them. I'm also a big fan of collecting a Christmas tree ornament from each country we visit, so this "meeting" would have been right up my alley; so sorry I missed it. I'd LOVE to join future meetings.

Posted by
4600 posts

Hi Carolyn, I've never been on an RS tour either, though I was signed up for my first one this past spring. We'd love to have you join our meetings whenever you can. I'll send you a private message with details to participate. Welcome to the travel groups!