Please sign in to post.

(Virtual) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, August 28, 2021

**Please join our East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meeting!
We welcome newcomers and travelers from around the globe to our online meetings, up to practical online meeting capacity.

WHEN: Saturday, August 28, 2021 @ 11am-1:00pm (Pacific time)

WHERE: online
Please RSVP on this thread
I will send the meeting link via private messages the week before the meeting.

TOPICS:
Come hear about our fellow traveler's summer adventure in Greece and her plans for Croatia!! (yes, new travels!!)

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted)
XXX September, 2021 @ 11am PT (cancelled)
XXX October, 2021 @ 11am PT (cancelled)
XXX November, 2021 @ 11am PT (cancelled)
December 4, 2021 @ 11am PT (1st Saturday,
online)

Posted by
4585 posts

We'll have time! I'll be just back from my Oregon coast trip, if I survive the heat of the first inland stay.

Posted by
32700 posts

may I join your little party please?

Posted by
3212 posts

Would love to hear about travels in Greece! I have made a concerted effort this summer to be a tourist in my own state and have a few mini trips to share if there is time.

Posted by
4585 posts

bugslife, you're in!
Nigel, yes please do join the party. It's BYO-everything!
diveloonie, there will be plenty of time and we would love to hear about travels in Alaska!!

Posted by
301 posts

Would love to hear about the Greece trip and others recent travels, count me in, thanks!

Posted by
4585 posts

So glad you'll all be joining! Please watch for the link via private message the week before the meeting.

Posted by
11 posts

Hi Catherine,

We're planning to go to Greece next year and would love to attend. Please count me in.

Thanks,
Gayleen

Posted by
1113 posts

Hi! I would love to join. I’m planning a trip to Greece next year and would like to hear all about your trip.

Posted by
4585 posts

There is room, you are all welcome! I'll send the link closer to the date.

Posted by
4585 posts

I have just sent the meeting link to everyone who has responded above, including diveloonie in case your plans change and you're able to join. Please check your private messages to make sure you've received the link.

We have plenty of room for anyone else who would like to join!

Posted by
93 posts

Hi Catherine, I have a scheduling conflict (my fault!), so I won't be able to join you tomorrow. I look forward to next month.

Posted by
4585 posts

Hi bugslife, I'm sorry that we won't see you, but look forward to seeing you at future meetings!

Posted by
2447 posts

Today's slide presentations on Oregon and Santorini went together surprisingly well -- thanks to both CWsocial and travelmom for keeping our travel dreams nourished!

Posted by
1506 posts

Agree! We have been to many of the places covered but it was such fun to see them through the eyes of others. And of course, we all love pictures of Farrah!

Posted by
4048 posts

Avi and CWsocial do such a good job of organizing these meetings and I feel so lucky to be a long distance East Bay group member! Oregon is definitely on my list now!

Posted by
32700 posts

I knew nothing about the Oregon area before last night, I think I'd have loved that crater edge drive - sorry you didn't, CWSocial - and I loved the pix of Farrah. I see who rules your house.

Sorry I missed the Greece program. Another place I've never been but have wanted to.

Thanks for pulling it together, CWSocial, and thanks to Avi for the tech.

Posted by
4585 posts

Hey Nigel, I think most people would love that crater edge drive and wouldn't think much about it. I'm usually fearless, and can often rationalize away the fear of heights. But my recent road trips have exposed me my Krypton. Very annoying.

I'm considering an idea to have a meeting in which we discuss Germany. Not a presentation necessarily, but a discussion of places people have been and where they recommend for travelers who may not have been there.

Nigel, I know you've been there. Would you be up for such a discussion?

I've only been in one area of Germany, but enjoyed every town - Frankfurt, Erfurt, Dresden, Nuremberg and Bamberg.

Who else would like to hear about and share their enthusiasm for Germany? Are there other countries that you'd like to "enthuse" about?

Posted by
32700 posts

yes I have a few places in Germany up my sleeve. Could be some that few people will have heard of....

Posted by
285 posts

I’m never been to Germany and know little about it. So I’d like to hear about Germany.

Posted by
4585 posts

Nigel, excellent! Terrific Valerie, I'd like to hear more about Germany as well.

Posted by
5697 posts

As you can imagine, Ed could talk hours about Germany. Maybe even be on-screen for more than a few seconds. Multi-year stay in Munich, and visits to many other places from his Munich and Frankfurt bases.
By the time we meet next we will have taken Amtrak to Reno for a weekend.

Posted by
1506 posts

We have also been to Germany. If we have been somewhere that others have not visited, if there's something I can add, I can chime in.

Posted by
4585 posts

We've had a shortage of travels to talk about. And now I'm traveling so I had to cancel November. We've actually had some international travels that I hope we'll hear about in December and January!

Do you have any travels to share in December Diveloonie?

Posted by
647 posts

I'm looking forward to resuming our meetings in December. Count me in!

Posted by
4585 posts

Excellent, Barbara N!

I will post a regular meeting announcement and send out links nearer the meeting date.

Posted by
4585 posts

We'll miss you, TravelMom, and we sure will be eager in January to hear about all of your travels!!

Posted by
4585 posts

Just a note to everyone, I'll post the December meeting invite a bit before Thanksgiving (Nov 25) and send links to RSVPs from that thread. So no need to RSVP here...though it's very nice to hear from everyone!

Posted by
32700 posts

we miss you....

and your lovely soireé

Posted by
4585 posts

Awwww, thanks Nigel! I miss y'all and our gatherings too!!

I'm channeling my inner southerner .... long latent from a few of my early years living in (south-to-me) Texas....while I travel through the southeastern states. So many lovely places!

Posted by
3212 posts

@Catherine, we just got back from Egypt and my photobook should be done by December. So would love to attend meeting. Either to listen to others travels or share mine.

Posted by
4585 posts

Terrific, diveloonie, we'd love to hear about Egypt! As we get closer you can let me know if you'd prefer December or a bit more time until January.