Please sign in to post.

Tulsa Area Travel Group Meeting, November 18, 2023

Can you believe it's already November? Jeepers. Why is it that the closer you get to the end of the year, the faster the time goes? But here in Green Country the air is crisp, the sun is shining, and we're hoping that freeze earlier this week got rid of the mosquitoes for this year! And now we have time for friends, family, food, and... travel talk!

The next Tulsa Area Rick Steves Travel Group Meeting will be Saturday, November 18 at Panera Bread at 41st and Hudson in Tulsa (that's 5601 E. 41st, between Yale and Sheridan), at 10:00 a.m.

We had a good turnout last month, seeing folks we haven't seen in a while, some of whom have been having health challenges. It was so good to see them smiling, laughing, and enjoying life.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone again this month. Yes, it's a busy time of year, but let's reward ourselves with a couple of hours of friendly travel talk, sharing our plans, ideas, and experiences. Oh, and a few of us made a field trip to Springfield Missouri to crash their travel group meeting. We'll have some comments on that.

Our meetings are all about sharing our experiences and learning from others. We love hearing each other's stories, asking questions, and offering our own hints and tips. For those of you who are new to travel groups, picture this: A congenial group of folks who, when they ask to see your pictures, mean all of them. A group of folks who mean it when they say "Tell me all about your trip." A group of folks whose eyes do not glaze over when you start talking about your travel, whether it be travel past, future, or just hypothetical. A group of folks who are eager to learn, share, ask and answer questions, give and receive advice. For some of us, the meeting is the high point of our month! (Yes, I've posted that before, but I think it epitomizes the spirit of our meetings.)

And as always, all travel related topics are open for discussion, and all comers are welcome. It's an open forum - come join in the fun.

If you love to travel, or would like to travel, or are curious about travel, come join us. Anyone is welcome; you don't have to have been on a Rick Steves tour, or any tour at all. You'll recognize us by the RS books on the table, and the big smiles on our faces.

Posted by
6293 posts

I'd like to give a shout out to Forum poster mpaulynsettle, who recently started a RS Travel Group in Springfield, Missouri. A few of us from our Tulsa area group drove up to join them yesterday, and had a great time.

Folks, starting a group is simple, and very rewarding. We've made good friends and enjoyed the meetings so much.

Posted by
992 posts

Thank you, Jane - we had a great turnout in Springfield. I need to post my next meet on the forum in case there are any Springfield area travelers needing a group. It is so great to visit with a group of people who like nothing more than to talk about Travel Travel Travel!

Posted by
6293 posts

mpaulynsettle, that is a great idea. The Forum is where Kim and I met each other and decided to give it a go, and where several of our very first tour members came from. And out of town visitors, as well; a couple from Kansas City has come twice - they found us on the Forum and thought it sounded like fun. And indeed it was.