Please sign in to post.

Tulsa Area Travel Group Meeting, April 20, 2024

April! Can you believe it's already here? April may well be most people's favorite month here, with warm temps, lilacs exploding, and birds courting. While we're reveling in the beauties of the month here in Northeast Oklahoma, we can still make to to gather to discuss our other favorite thing, travel!

The next Tulsa Area Rick Steves Travel Group Meeting will be Saturday, April 20, at Panera Bread at 41st and Hudson in Tulsa (that's 5601 E. 41st, between Yale and Sheridan), at 9:30 a.m. If you haven't been on the last couple of months, please note the earlier start time. We changed it recently, and it seems to work well for everyone.

We should have a great meeting this month: Diane is back from Cuba (!), and we can get a belated cruise report from Sheri and Steve. And several of us are gearing up for summer travels, and still need suggestions and tips from the group.

I've posted this before, but I want to repeat it, especially for folks who are leery of attending a travel group meeting, fearing they'd not fit in or don't have enough experience:

Our meetings are all about sharing our experiences and learning from others. We love hearing each other's stories, asking questions, and offering our own hints and tips. For those of you who are new to travel groups, picture this: A congenial group of folks who, when they ask to see your pictures, mean all of them. A group of folks who mean it when they say "Tell me all about your trip." A group of folks whose eyes do not glaze over when you start talking about your travel, whether it be travel past, future, or just hypothetical. A group of folks who are eager to learn, share, ask and answer questions, give and receive advice. For some of us, the meeting is the high point of our month!

As always, all travel related topics are open for discussion, and all comers are welcome. It's an open forum - come join in the fun. We want to hear your stories, answer your questions, see your photos and scrapbooks, and share your enthusiasm.

If you love to travel, or would like to travel, or are curious about travel, come join us. Anyone is welcome; you don't have to have been on a Rick Steves tour, or any tour at all. You'll recognize us by the RS books on the table, and the big smiles on our faces.

There are no replies to this topic.