Please sign in to post.

CANCELLED: Silicon Valley Travel Craze Meet Up (SF South Bay): Sat 02/13/2016

Sorry for the late post. Our next travel meeting is scheduled on Saturday Feb 13th, 2016 at 3pm.
Location is LeBoulanger in Mountain View. Address is 650 Castro St. Mountain View, CA 94041.

Our plan is to meet every 2nd Saturday of the month at the above location. Look for a table with Rick Steves book on it.

Perhaps we could set a topic for discussion at each meeting, and go from there? Anyone who wants to discuss his/her upcoming trips, reminisce about past trips, or just hang out and talk about travel is absolutely welcome as well. So here is one that I came up with for this upcoming meeting: "What are the three things you will not travel without?"

We'd love to have you join us!

Posted by
257 posts

Enjoyed the last time and hope to be there on the 13th. Would be super if you could convince Roberto of Fremont to come also.

Posted by
52 posts

I hope we have more interest for this upcoming meeting! Please respond to this thread if you plan to come! :)

Posted by
257 posts

Well if it's just the two of us, perhaps we should meet another time. Maybe the holiday weekend has something to do with it.

Posted by
52 posts

Agree! Let's cancel it and schedule it for next month.

Posted by
52 posts

Since there have been no responses from others, the meeting is cancelled today.

Posted by
5697 posts

If either of you, or anyone else, wants to trek up the Peninsula, the meeting in Larkspur is still scheduled for noon today. And Sacramento next Saturday.

Posted by
984 posts

Just wanted to encourage you to keep trying and posting information about your meetings. In our St Louis meetings, we have occasionally had new people start coming who read about the meetings on the website, but never posted to say they were coming. It's a nice surprise when they do! It took awhile to get us going, and we are still a small group, but it is so much fun to meet and talk with other people who love travel. Good luck!

Posted by
1305 posts

I want to echo what Karen said.
It took our SF Bay Area group a while to get going strong but we have a core group of about 6 or 7 and we always have a great time either helping plan each others' trips or reminiscing about our checkered pasts!
We have become friends and really look forward to getting together.
A few others drop in from time to time and are warmly welcomed, and sometimes a brand-newbie will show up unannounced.
So even if it's just 2 or 3 of you at first, keep showing up and before you know it you will have a real party!

Posted by
10178 posts

I agree with Karen & Sharyn. We have a good sized group in Sacramento, but every month people show up who we don't expect. For us that is why having a consistent day (3rd Saturday in our case), time and location are important.

Posted by
52 posts

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. Dan and I met at first meeting and know each other, and we both agreed that it did not make much sense to just have the two of us so we decided to cancel the meeting. Likely the long holiday weekend did not help the attendance. I remain optimistic that there will be more people joining in the future.

Posted by
1878 posts

Hi, I was at the first meeting. I think it would good to send out an email reminder, because unless you specifically check the travel groups board ( and some like me prefer the all topics view), it's easy to miss due to the high volume of posts on the RS boards. I had set up a yahoo group alias which I can share by pm if you want. If you agree that's useful I could help manage that.