Please sign in to post.

Santorini on Norwegian Jade July 2019

Hello
We are going to Santorini on July 2, 2019 arriving al 12pm and leaving at 10pm. My concern is, if we are going to have time to return to our cruise after viewing the sunset. We are planning to have dinner at Kastro restaurant in Oía. What other place near the Fiar Funicular did you recommend to us??

Posted by
11153 posts

The gondolas are located in Fira and I have seen long lines of cruise passengers trying to return to the tenders. Perhaps it will be easier at
9 or 10pm. Post this question on Cruise Critic where you will find more cruisers.

Posted by
11175 posts

Sunset is 840PM

Does the boat sail at 10PM, or is 10PM when you have to be on board?

Seeing the sunset from the Kastro, and making a timely boat boarding ...... your logistics will have to be well planned.

Posted by
23266 posts

So, on board is probably closer to 9.30. I would be concerned about returning. It is large ship -- 3300 or so -- and the lines for the cable car can be long AND is always the possibility of another ship in port. So I would plan on being in line no later than 8.30. We have eaten at a couple of nice restaurants just to the west (I believe) of the cable card but facing as I remember more to the NW so sunset might not be visible from there.

PS you should spend a couple of minutes understanding the structure of this site. You posted your question in the area that announces group travel meeting. You should be in the Q&A, under Greece.

Posted by
10188 posts

We took the Jade transatlantic—loved that ship. It’s about 2,400 max , but still you should follow Frank’s advice.

Posted by
23266 posts

You are probably correct. When I looked it up quickly it said max cap was 3500 but I forgot that the crew probably was included in that number so back out a thousand or so for the crew and you do have about 2400 passengers. And in July the probability of more than one ship in port is pretty high. "Whatsinport" will give you that number.