Please sign in to post.

San Francisco East Bay Travel Group Meeting - March 28, 2024 in person

Please join our East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group meetings!

We welcome newcomers and visitors who happen to be in the area. Bring your photo books and journals to share the trips you've taken, ask questions about upcoming trips, and swap travel stories with others who enjoy talking about travel!

WHEN: March 28 @ 12:30pm PT
WHERE: in-person, Concord location
Please RSVP on this thread if you'd like to join us.

Posted by
4637 posts

PREVIEWS: next in-person meetings:

Thu, April 25, 2024 - weather permitting, we will be at our Orinda location
(May - no meeting)
Thu, June 27, 2024
Thu, July 25, 2024
(August - no meeting)
Thu, Sept 26, 2024
Thu, Oct 24, 2024
(November - no meeting)

Posted by
4637 posts

Excellent, I'm looking forward to it! And hoping for good weather.

Who else will be joining us on March 28th? Having a count will help me decide where we can go.

Posted by
102 posts

I (& Bella) will be joining you!
Look forward to catching up!
Lynn

Posted by
4637 posts

Barbara N, we will miss you, and look forward to hearing about your trip!
Avi, we will miss you .... ummmm, do we need a 2024 intervention?

Everyone, Thursday looks like a no-rain day, squeezed between two rain days. So let's hope!

March 28: Let's meet at our Concord location, in case there are light showers and we need cover.
April 25: we'll try for our Orinda location. Barbara N will be back and the weather may be more predictable.

Posted by
1508 posts

We hope to be there. Looks like we're getting more rain than expected today. Maybe that bodes well for Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Posted by
4637 posts

Thursday is still showing as the no rain day, between rain on Wednesday and rain on Friday. The forecast is for 60F, so I'll try to find a table under a heat lamp.

Posted by
10227 posts

I wish I could come, but it’s not possible this month. Maybe next time. Have a fun meeting.

Posted by
4637 posts

Tomorrow's forecast for "showers" shows a break for a few hours about the time of our meeting. I will look for a table with some cover.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow in Concord!

Posted by
102 posts

See you tomorrow, fingers crossed for dry weather!

Posted by
4637 posts

The forecast is looking sketchy. We'll see how it looks tomorrow morning.

Posted by
4637 posts

It is partly sunny where I am, matching today's hourly forecast, which shows partly cloudy for the afternoon. The "chance of showers" is in the 1-4% range, so I'm optimistic!

I'll be there, wearing layers (the forecast high is 60F) and a sunhat. I hope to see you all this afternoon in Concord!

Posted by
4637 posts

ngcase, please send me a message on this forum if you would like to attend, so that we know who we are expecting!

Posted by
4637 posts

It was so fun to see everyone today and hear about trips taken and trips being planned. Thanks, everyone, for making the drive and taking the time to join us!

And a special welcome to ngcase for joining us on a special day! I hope you will come back again, online and in-person, as your travels allow!

Posted by
1508 posts

Yes, it was a fun meeting! One thing I forgot to mention is that we ran into a bit of an issue with our Airalo esim when we used it in Spain. Well, it would be a problem with any data only sim. One of the places we stayed at did not use Whatsapp so we had to communicate with them through the booking.com app. Luckily they responded quickly. The other issue was that in three of the towns there was no Uber and no taxi app so we had no way to call a taxi. In each of those cases the apartment managers called a taxi for us but the situation added a bit of stress as we didn't expect this. This is not going to stop us from getting a data only esim for our next trip but it is one to be aware of.

Posted by
4637 posts

Good to know, thanks Carol!

I'm glad our meeting was yesterday. There is a steady rain in Concord today.

Posted by
13 posts

Just found this post. Look forward to attending an upcoming travel group meeting. Where are the meetings? I am taking off for back 2 back RS tours soon

Posted by
4637 posts

Hi LaurelJP, glad you found us! I will send you a message on this forum regarding the meetings.