Please sign in to post.

Portland/Vancouver: Save the Date - Sat. 7 March 2015 - 5 PM

Attention Northwest travelers! We've reserved a space for our next travel group meeting.

Date: Saturday, 7 March 2015
Time: 5:00 PM [Edit: note time change!]
Place: Ovation Coffee & Tea, in the ground floor of the Encore Condominiums, 941 NW Overton St. in Portland's Pearl District. This is next door to The Fields Neighborhood Park, and just three blocks north of Portland Union Station.

Moroccan snacks, coffees and teas will be available for purchase. Ovation's owner will talk to our group about travel in Morocco (Dee has lived there, and her husband is a native of Morocco).

We hope to see you there!

Posted by
681 posts

So sorry, but we'll be in AZ then. We'd definitely like to join everyone next time.

Posted by
795 posts

I would love to attend that but won't be in the area. Darn! I love traveling in Morocco and love Moroccan food and teas and coffees. You ought to videotape the meeting and post it on YouTube for those of us who would love to see it. Just a thought!

Posted by
704 posts

Way to go, Jeff. Count us in.
Thanks for doing this.

Posted by
1056 posts

Jeff, thanks for all your work preparing. My husband will definitely be there, and I will unless I get a last-minute job assignment. I usually know a couple of weeks ahead if I am working and will let you know. For the meantime, count us both in and I'll let you know if I am NOT coming.

Posted by
635 posts

Bumping this back up to the top ...

Looking forward to seeing all you Northwest travelers on Saturday March 7 at 5 PM!

Posted by
1068 posts

I have a home repair person coming over in the afternoon. If he is done early enough I will be there.

Posted by
635 posts

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow (Saturday 3/7/2015) at 5 PM at Ovation Coffee & Tea, in the ground floor of the Encore Condominiums, 941 NW Overton St. in Portland's Pearl District.

From I-5 go west on Broadway, across the Broadway Bridge. Then turn right on Lovejoy, then right again (northbound) at the second signal, NW 10th Avenue (there's no option; you have to turn right at that intersection). Go north on NW 10th three blocks to where it dead-ends at NW Overton, and you're looking right at Ovation Coffee & Tea.

[edit] You won't want to miss this! Dee tells me she will have available authentic Moroccan dishes, including lamb with lemon, artichoke and peas; and Cornish hen with spicy apricot and sweet onions!

Posted by
2 posts

I just saw this forum. My husband and I would love to come, as we have been thinking of going to Morocco. Is this an open group and can anyone attend? Do we need reservations? I have wanted to join a travel group but didn't know how to find one. Please let me know if it is okay for us to attend. Thanks.

Ladene McClaran

Posted by
1056 posts

Thanks for your time in arranging the meeting. We had a great time.

Posted by
635 posts

Thanks for being there, Patricia. We had a nice group; I counted 25 there. I wonder if some others were dissuaded by the big traffic jam on I-5 earlier in the afternoon.

Posted by
704 posts

Thanks, Jeff, for hosting and organizing. Maybe one day we will get to Morocco!