Please sign in to post.

Portland/SW Washington Travel Group meeting?

I missed last time. What is everyone thinking for this next Saturday the 21st?

Living in strange times

Posted by
11315 posts

We are distancing ourselves more than usual for the foreseeable future: no restaurants, gym, gatherings with friends. Holding the meeting might not be prudent. Let’s hope for April!

Posted by
1056 posts

Mark, I had planned to be in Poland and Germany during the time of the March travel meeting, but had to return home due to coronavirus issues in Poland, where I was staying. You can see my report on the forum. So I will take a stab at saying I don’t think it’s wise for our group to meet, and since I normally am the one to pass out information about group meetings, I will make the decision that we will not meet this month. Social distancing is the best way to prevent virus transmission, and I think it’s wise that we all get used to that for the time being. I will post about April when we see what April brings.

Posted by
31 posts

I live in Vancouver Washington. How can I become a member of this group? I realize the group will not be meeting for awhile.

Posted by
11315 posts

Liz, All are welcome. Just watch for the announcement.

Posted by
1056 posts

No March meeting. Look for a notice about April’s around the middle of the month. (meetings usually 4th Saturday at 10)

Posted by
317 posts

Mark, I had planned to be in Poland and Germany during the time of the March travel meeting, but had to return home due to coronavirus issues in Poland, where I was staying. You can see my report on the forum. So I will take a stab at saying I don’t think it’s wise for our group to meet, and since I normally am the one to pass out information about group meetings, I will make the decision that we will not meet this month. Social distancing is the best way to prevent virus transmission, and I think it’s wise that we all get used to that for the time being. I will post about April when we see what April brings.

I understand and it's probably prudent. I suddenly have a lot more time to plan my London-Paris trip originally scheduled April 15

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll look for your Poland report. I don't frequent that corner of the site so thanks for the heads up

Posted by
40 posts

Patricia, where can I find your report on your aborted trip to Poland?