Please sign in to post.

New York City meeting reminder

This Saturday 7/15 , One PM at Panera , 452 Fifth Ave

Posted by
3 posts

I just registered for my first Rick Steves tour --- Heart of Ireland in April/May 2018. Is this meeting for previous tour members or for a group from a specific tour or is anyone welcome? Thank you.

Posted by
2091 posts

Everyone's welcome, bargottlieb as long as you like to talk about travel! The travel groups are so much fun getting to meet other travelers, ask questions about anything related to travel (or not!), give travel reports, travel tips and travel suggestions. Most groups will have one of the Rick Steves travel guides on the table so you'll know you're at the right place. (Uh, the books, not the people!) In Moscow we always tape a world map on the table and lay out several of Rick's guides for others to browse.

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh and no, you don't have to have been on a tour. Some of us only travel independently, some only take Rick's tours (some occasionally also take other company tours) and some only do an occasional tour but usually travel independently. If you're interested in travel, you're welcome to the travel group meeting!

Posted by
4140 posts

Adding to Darcy's comments , you are certainly most welcome , it's always a lot of fun . One of our regular attendees , Ann , has done a number of Rick tours , including , if I'm not mistaken , the Ireland tour . I'm sure you would benefit greatly by meeting her . Hope you can make it - we are usually at the rectangular table in the back , Panera is one block south of The NY Public Library on the west side of Fifth Ave, between 40 - 41 st streets

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks everyone for your kind replies. I love to talk about travel so the meeting sounds like something I will enjoy very much. I also look forward to meeting others who enjoy travelling and sharing their experiences. Unfortunately, I have plans on Saturday afternoon that were made before I read about the NYC meeting. If I can’t reschedule, I look forward to joining you at the next meeting.

Posted by
1203 posts

Hey Darcy: Are you coming to our meeting? That would be cool!

Posted by
2091 posts

No, sorry Ann! It would be fun to be at the NYC meeting but I need to be at our Moscow meeting this month. I don't get to NY too often any more, in fact the last time was in 2000. (Lived in Huntington from August, 1967-February, 1971.) But thanks for the invite!