Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - April 20, 2019

All of us who meet at One World Café, 533 South Main Street in Moscow love to talk travel and it can be difficult to get a word in because we're all so excited about our trips, past and future! So if you're interested in travel, planning a trip or just want to reminisce, join us!
We'll be meeting this Saturday, April 20th (the 3rd Saturday of the month) at 10:30 a.m.

You'll find a world map and a variety of Rick Steves guide books on the table in the back room. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Posted by
13934 posts

Assuming I have gotten wash done and non-travel stained clothes to wear I’ll be there!

Posted by
2091 posts

Hey Pam, are you in SLC now? Happy to hear that you might have clean clothes to wear to the Travel Meeting!

Posted by
13934 posts

Yes...halfway thru the deadly 9 hour layover, lol!! My plan was to go in to the genealogy library downtown but it’s 44 and rainy so that didn’t sound attractive!

Posted by
2091 posts

44 and rainy--ugh. Well it's supposed to be in the 60s here this week so I am really hoping that spring and summer will come!

Sorry to hear your schedule gave you the dreaded 9-hour layover. Don't know how Fran and I lucked out to be getting the 1:56 outbound and the 2:21 inbound layovers. At least you don't need to shop for a fitbit anymore to keep you entertained! Although you might find some other "needed" items, available only at SLC!

Posted by
10222 posts

I can't make it to your meeting, but I propose a meeting in Paris next February. ;-) Isn't February the best month to travel there?

Posted by
2091 posts

February in Paris? Perfect as well as January, March, April, May....etc! But some of us already have plans for late May and/or September. Can you squeeze in another trip, Andrea?

Posted by
10222 posts

I wish I could. I'm pretty housebound right now. Jim finally just retired and we can't travel because of our 18 year old dog. Enjoy your trips!!

Posted by
2091 posts

I completely understand, Andrea. These pups are definitely family members, not "just" pets!

Posted by
2091 posts

Today's the day! Looking forward to having 8 or 9 of us plus some who didn't have a chance to answer.