Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 21 February, 2015

At last, it's that time again! The Towns & Villages near Moscow (ID) Travel Group will be meeting as usual the 3rd Saturday of the month, so this Saturday, 21 February at 10:30am at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street, Moscow, Idaho.
If you are planning a trip, dreaming of a trip, have been on a trip or just like to talk about travel and travel tips, you will find a great bunch of people who also like to talk about travel in the "back room". We usually have a Rick Steves map of Europe and several of his guidebooks on the table to identify us. We also often have a back pack and/or rolling bag for show and tell or other great travel items.
Who will be joining Doug and me there?

Posted by
2091 posts

Good to hear you'll be there, Monte. But Sharon's going without you? Surely her February trip is in addition to the Ukraine and Romania trip that you're both planning a couple of months from now? You haven't cancelled that, have you?

Posted by
1840 posts

She will be traveling to the Land of Maple Leaves and Canoe Paddles to collect some family information which she wants to take to Ukraine. Specifically, the information is a photo of one of her uncles's gravestone. She will be staying with a lifelong friend in the middle of downtown Vancouver and will observe the Chinese New Year, always a huge blast. I'll be having one of my own.

Posted by
2091 posts

You'll be celebrating Chinese New Year all alone, Monte? We'll have to remedy that!

Posted by
13937 posts

Darcy, surely you are aware of the massive parade and celebration Genesee puts on for Chinese New Year.

Oh. Wait. That is Genesee Old Timers Day or whatever they call it. In July. In the heat. Not February. In the cold.

I understand from the eBird site bird sightings list that the ice has melted off the Genesee sewage treatment pond. Woo hoo!

So, I will be there too!

Posted by
1840 posts

Its called Genesee Community Day and is the second Saturday of June. Yes, the ice melted so we've gone from skating to swimming.

Posted by
13937 posts

I don't even want to think about you skating or swimming in the treatment pond, lol.

Posted by
2091 posts

I'm setting up a hidden camera at the treatment plant and anyone who swims there is not allowed at the Travel Group!

Posted by
2091 posts

It looks like at this point we'll have 9 of us: Pam, Monte, Leslie, Terry, Dan, Jim, Cary, Doug and moi but there are several I haven 't heard from yet......Oh, Roger, Cinda, Hedy, Laurie, Rena, Mike etc, etc, where are you?

Posted by
2091 posts

Hey Pam, Could you post the meeting notice for the 21 March meeting and email everyone, please? I doubt that I'll get a chance to while I'm in Paris with Leah and Kathleen. Our backroom has already been reserved for all the meetings through the 20 June meeting.

Posted by
13937 posts

I can write that on the calendar altho I will be on a birding program in Yellowstone that weekend. It's not Paris but it's something lol.

Posted by
2091 posts

Pas de problème, Pam! Don't worry. I'll go ahead and keep a draft email and post on the Wall but if you (and you too, Monte!) could help to keep it near the top, I'd appreciate it.

Posted by
13937 posts

Did you all get a notice from AAA that they are re-opening an office in Lewiston? Not in the same place, but on Bryden I think. Which when you think of it is weird since I think their old building is still empty?? They always had a decent selection of RS gear as well as Eagle Creek.

Posted by
13937 posts

No. Got a letter. I'll bring it Saturday.

And what is this I see on the Sacramento meeting thread about sending Doug down there with his Romanian dance boots for lunch time entertainment??

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, you know Andrea. Well, she was so envious that we were bringing in an extra table for you to dance on so I promised her I'd have Doug come down to Sacramento to dance...in his Romanian dance boots...on their tables. Actually, maybe I'll have him do a Schuhplatteler!

Posted by
13937 posts

Andrea, your attendance numbers will plummet if I start dancing! Definitely not my cup of cafe au (soy) lait!

Posted by
2091 posts

Since none of us North Idahoans have time to get down to the Sacramento group, the only dancing that will take place will be at One World Cafe today. Hope to see you there!

Posted by
10222 posts

I'd like a video of that dancing please.

Have a great meeting!!