Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 20 January, 2018

At last, it's time for the Moscow Travel group to meet! As usual we'll be meeting at 10:30 on the 3rd Saturday of the month (20 January) at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street in Moscow.

If you have questions about a trip, if you have suggestions for travel, if you've been on a Rick Steves (or other) tour, or love to travel independently or if you just love to talk about travel, join us! We're a group of laid back travelers, some have just started travelling, others have been travelling for decades. Some of us might even have a trip report with pictures or something for "show & Tell" that worked well for them. I'll be bringing my recently purchased and newly redesigned RS Ravenna day pack.

If you'd like to compare rolling bags or backpacks, just let me know and I'm sure I can find someone who already owns the ones you are considering!
If you let me know you'll be coming, we'll make sure we have enough chairs. Who will be there?
(If you can't make it at 10:30, arrive when you can. We have the back room reserved till 1:00.)

Posted by
1840 posts

Hi Darcy,

S & M will be there, but witty remarks are not guaranteed. M

Posted by
4637 posts

Just a reminder. For Moscow you will need Russian visa.

Posted by
13800 posts

Since we meet at One World Cafe I'm pretty sure you can pick up any needed visas when you buy your coffee, lol!!

Sorry gang, I will be soaking up sun and watching cool birds in FL that day! See you in February....

Ilja, if Snoqualmie is open come on over for the day.

Posted by
2091 posts

Hahahaha! Yes, it's true, you can get your visa when you buy your coffee. Also the only fingerprints will be on your coffee cup!
Actually Ilja the original name of our group was "Moscow Travel Group--no visa required!"

So, who all will be at the meeting?

Posted by
2091 posts

Monte, is everything all right? I've never known you to not be witty!

Posted by
1840 posts

Everything is all right. Its just that my knees hurt and my hair is falling out. Say, if you are corresponding with Ilja you can remind her that she will need to stop at the Apaloosa Horse Club building on the Wash/Idaho border for a passport check, and not to step in anything.

Posted by
2091 posts

Sorry your knees hurt, Monte! Maybe we should set up an exercise area in One World Cafe and we can all practice doing deep knee bends while we talk travel. ....And a one and a two and a grand plié...

Posted by
2091 posts

Well, we have several maybes depending on the roads. A few of us will definitely be there though. A small turn out is always fun though because then we can talk about everyone who's not there--hahaha! (That comment will give us a good turn-out!)

Posted by
1840 posts

As a person well into retirement the word "exercise" is abhorrent to me! Stretches are the required remedy. See you Saturday.

Posted by
2091 posts

Ok, Monte, we'll have a stretching class then!
Ilja, again, thanks for the reminder to get our Russian visas but at this Moscow most of us can get by without one!