Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 20 August, 2022

Oh! Thank goodness--it's time at last for another Travel Meeting!

If any of you on the Rick Steves Travel Forum happen to like talking, learning, dreaming, reminiscing about travel, then join us in the back room of One World Café, 533 South Main Street in Moscow, IDAHO from 10:30-12:30 on Saturday, 20 August. Everyone is welcome of course.

Since the backroom on the left (not the large one all the way to the back of One World Café) is small, please let us know if you are coming so we can be sure to have enough chairs. Of course there will be several Rick guidebooks on the table as well as a map so you'll know we're the Travel Group.

If possible, please purchase something from the Café since they are letting us use the room for 2 hours without charging us.

See you there!

Posted by
2091 posts

Sorry Mike but I'm not in charge of Tours!

Thankfully travel to and from our Moscow is much easier and a visa is not required other than a credit card or any other cc. US$ are also accepted.
The Saturday market on Main Street is usually well-attended and is always fun for at least a quick visit.

Posted by
13934 posts

Yea!!! I will be there and yes, I'll shop the market first. Hope they have more veggies than last time which was kind of sparse due to the late spring.

Posted by
7278 posts

Some day I’m going to crash your party. ; ) Maybe sometime this Fall. Do you have your October/November dates?

Posted by
2091 posts

Yes Jean! We certainly do have our dates and One World Café already reserved: October 15 and November 19.
I've been longing to get to the Cd'A group but I just don't care for driving very much. We'd be thrilled to have you come to a meeting!
I hope it's the October 15 meeting because we have family visiting during the November meeting.

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh, the suspense, Monte!

I am glued to my computer, waiting for Sharon's email!

Posted by
2091 posts

Just bumping up. Tomorrow's the day!
For all of you who are having meetings, hope they're lots of fun!

Posted by
10218 posts

Have a great meeting! I will make it to one some day. I’m missing our Sacramento meeting tomorrow as well because we will be in San Francisco preparing to wing our way over the Atlantic. By Sunday we will be closer to the Moscow in Russia than we will be to Moscow, ID.

Posted by
13934 posts

Have an awesome trip Andrea!

See you tomorrow Darcy (and Monte and Sharon, lol!!)!

Posted by
11177 posts

Has the Town Council given any consideration to changing the name to something else, e.g., East Pullman or Uida.

Help WV Mike from getting mislead or confused :-)

Posted by
2091 posts

Hmmm, well Joe, I have the feeling that no one would want to change the name of Moscow and its land grant university. I realize you can't tell by the spelling but our Idaho Moscow is even pronounced differently!

Andrea and Jean, I do hope you can make it to one of our meetings some day!

Posted by
2091 posts

Well we had a small meeting but it was wonderful because it was friends having coffee and visiting.
We did decide since several of us will be in Europe next month to CANCEL the 17 September meeting.

Enjoy your travels, everyone!