Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 19 September, 2015

It's that time again!
We'll be meeting on Saturday, 19 September at 10:30 at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street, in Moscow, Idaho. The "back room" is available to us until 1:00 but people come and go as needed.
If you like to talk about travel, you will have a great time with friends who also love to talk about travel. I'm pretty sure we'll have a couple there with a great trip report, and several people who are planning trips for the next few months so if you have any questions, come join us and we'll have all sorts of suggestions for you! (Recommendation: take the suggestions that work for you and don't think twice about the ones that don't!)
You'll find us by a world map, Rick Steves guides and various travel bags or items on the table.
Who all will be there? (I know of one traveler who will still be on the Rick Steves Best of England tour, followed by the Paris and the Heart of France tour, so at least we'll have someone to talk about if we ever run out of travel talk....highly unlikely!)

Posted by
13934 posts

I will have the back room bugged so I will hear the conversation!!

Have fun!

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh Pam! No need to get upset! But if we have any suspicion that you've arranged to have the backroom bugged, we'll just go up to the noisy loft. We have some major catching up to do since you so rarely miss a meeting.

Posted by
2091 posts

So far there are 7 of us and a potential 8th person attending. I'm still trying to get Andrea and Eileen to come from Sacramento but it's difficult to drag them away from that party group down there. Anyone have suggestions on how to get them up here?

Posted by
13934 posts

Maybe tell them we have chartered a plane from the Moscow/Pullman airport direct to Paris??

Posted by
10218 posts

I'll be sort of close to you on meeting day. Well, not really close, but closer than Sacramento. I think. We will be in Victoria, BC. If you all want to join us there we would be happy to hold a meeting. We will even spring for coffee. Oh right, it's Victoria. We will spring for tea. Not high tea, just the beverage. I'm having meeting withdrawals. This will be two missed meetings in a row.

Have a good meeting!

Posted by
2091 posts

Andrea, 2 missed meetings? You know, that really isn't allowed in the bylaws! The Sacramento Group just might make you sit on the other side of the room where you can see what's going on but not hear all the lovely travel talk. Such punishment--i-yi-yi!

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, thanks for the great suggestion! Andrea, I've arranged a flight for you and Jim from Victoria to Moscow/Pullman for the meeting, then from there direct to Paris after the meeting. It's all settled. We'll see you there (wish, wish!)

Hey, anybody else coming to our great meetings?

Posted by
2091 posts

Also found out we will have Show and Tell time related to getting through Security. You won't want to miss out on that!

Posted by
2091 posts

Today's the day! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Pam, you better be having a grand time on your RS tour to justify missing the meeting! (I know you are!)

Posted by
10218 posts

Darcy, I'm at the airport in Victoria and haven't found the private jet you promised. And I was so looking forward to seeing you. And Paris of course. :-)

Have a good meeting!

Posted by
2091 posts

It should be arriving within 5 minutes, Andrea. Don't worry, you won't even have to go through Security since you'll be the only ones on the flight. The limo should be pulling up any second to take you from the gate to the plane.

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh, and the rest of the Sacto Group--have a great meeting too!

Posted by
13934 posts

Well I hope the meeting was good because it was an awesome sunny day in Wales. The excellent RS guide,Tom, and equally excellent bus driver, Ben, took us on a scenic drive thru Snowdonia National Park which included a cloud-free view of Mt Snowdon. Unbelievable day!

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, we had a great meeting in spite of your absence...but it wasn't easy without you! As usual we were all bouncing off the walls with topics around the world rather than just Europe. On occasion it was difficult to hear because with 7 of us there we had 3 conversations going on at once. Next time I'll just bring my gavel. Great conversations, great stories, great jokes--only thing missing was the carafe of wine!