Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 19 January, 2019

At last it's time for our Moscow (Idaho) Travel Meeting!

If you have any questions about an upcoming trip, have suggestions or tips from prior trips or have a trip report, please join us! We all love to talk about travel!
We'll be meeting at 10:30am in the "back room" of One World Cafe, 533 S. Main Street in Moscow on Saturday, 19 January. A world map and Rick Steves travel guides from several countries or cities will be on the table so you'll recognize us right away.
We always try to make sure we have enough chairs so please let us know if you plan or hope to come.
Doug and I are determined to be there in spite of the roads. Who else will be there?

Posted by
13925 posts

Well unless something bad weather-wise happens this week the roads were clear as a bell when Rog and I came back thru Moscow on Thursday after birding in the Valley! We also drove up to CdA today and had bare and dry roads!

I'll be there Saturday!

Posted by
2091 posts

Wow! We'll have 9 and possibly 10 of us at the meeting and I've only heard from a few people. I'd say the Moscow Group is starting the new year out right!
We'll definitely have an Italy trip report which will include finding ancestral homes. We'll also have some France planning and RS Holland/Belgium tour dreams to talk about.
Any other trips in the planning stages?

Posted by
2091 posts

Count now is 12 if everyone shows.
We are going to be one rowdy group with all the excitement in the air! Whoohoo!

Posted by
13925 posts

I'm so happy so many will be there! I guess it's January, it's cold and we are all wishing we were somewhere fun, fun, fun!!

Posted by
2091 posts

As usual you are SO right, Pam! And having a trip to plan always makes the cold January weather so much easier to bear. Actually, way down here in the L/C Valley the temperatures haven't been too bad because even though we can usually expect a few days of -10ºF in January but this year "normal" seems to be 45 - 51ºF which is delightful!

Andrea, this would have been a good year for you to come up since we're having Sacramento Valley weather.

Posted by
10214 posts

Darcy, I will definitely make it one of these months/years. It's unfortunate (for me!) that you'll be in Europe in September when I will be up that way(ish) for a wedding. Jim retires in 19 days, but who's counting? Our 17 year old dog isn't doing well and can't walk. I'm hopeful that will change, but I doubt he's up for long road trips anymore. We will have to coordinate a time when you'll be around. We have Yellowstone on our wish list, so we might be able to combine things.

Have a fun meeting!!

Posted by
13925 posts

Andrea, let me know when you start planning for Yellowstone. I'm happy to help. Lodging reservations for 2020 open May 1, 2019 at 8A MDT. Just sayin'!!

Oh say! Maybe we can get together in Paris and discuss Yellowstone over a glass or two of wine, hahaha!!

Posted by
2091 posts

You two are going to have wine in Paris without me? ARRRRRRGH!

I do hope you will come up to visit some time, Andrea and you're certainly welcome to stay with us. (I'm expecting the downstairs to be completely renovated by then or at least close to it!)

Posted by
2091 posts

Today's the day! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Now if we can just figure out how to keep the side conversations down so that we can all enjoy, that would be great!

Posted by
10214 posts

Have a great meeting! Darcy and Pam, I would love to have a glass of wine with both of you in Paris some day. Maybe in a better location than our lunch across from the Gare du Nord. If not Paris, then Idaho!!