Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 18 March 2017

It's that time again at last, when those of us in the region like to get together to talk about travel!
We share travel tips, give each other ideas on how to make trips smoother, ask a million questions, give trip reports and just have a grand time talking about travel!
If you're interested in traveling to Europe, Africa, Asia, then you too will have a great time. You'll recognize us by the world map on the table in the back room at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street, Moscow Idaho. We'll be meeting Saturday, 18 March at 10:30.
If you let us know you're coming, we'll make sure to have a chair for you.
See you there!

Posted by
13905 posts

I'll be there! I'll also prepare an Idaho Geezers travel to AZ power point presentation which will include a picture of the Bisbee AZ tourist information which compares Bisbee to Orta San Giulio. Having had the privilege of staying in Orta on the Village Italy tour I can tell you that in NO way do the two compare. Old world charm with gorgeous Alpine lake vs Old mining town with an open pit copper mine - uh, no comparison!

Posted by
1840 posts

Pam's back. We lived in Arizona for six years and will be surprised how its changed in thirty years. After the conversation at the last meeting we will bring a couple of Feel & Guess items, and they are not me.

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, I do hope you'll bring a picture of the postcard comparing Bisbee to Orta san Giulio. Of course everyone will be so impressed, there will be a mad rush to get there. Maybe we can even get Rick to start a blue and yellow guide book for Bisbee? (hahahaha!)

Monte, I do hope your Feel & Guess will be something uh, appropriate? We will be welcoming some new people, Ruth and David, so we need all of us to behave!

Posted by
13905 posts

Well, now, I missed that last meeting and it must have been a doozy! I believe that was the day we were driving thru heavy snow in Nevada!

Posted by
2091 posts

It was a good meeting, Pam! Sorry you missed it!

Posted by
13905 posts

It wasn't like N. Idaho snow but it got my attention as the driver. Rog thought I was going too fast - as usual.

Hopefully you'll be able to swim out of your berg to get to the meet up. Heard Cow Creek was out of it's banks? Presume you all are high and dry?

Posted by
1840 posts

Yes, we are high and dry. Cow Creek reached flood level at the east end of town and rose to nineteen feet on the elevator. Creek fishing for valley eels has been taking place under the bridges with not much luck. We have been entertained by the Canadian geese on the swamped flat. Pelicans have arrived in search of minnow mud sculpins, of which there does not to seem many. Will report more at Satuday's meeting.

Posted by
13905 posts

Oooooh!! Pelicans! I'll pass on the eels - altho Rog has a great story about eels in green sauce when he was a college student and traveling with our Mom in Belgium and France.