Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 18 April, 2015

At last it's that time again when we get to talk about.........ta da!.......TRAVEL!
The Towns & Villages near Moscow, Idaho Travel Group will be meeting Saturday, 18 April at 10:30 in the "back room" of One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street, Moscow.
Who all will be there instead of flying to and exploring Ukraine and Romania?

EDIT: Meeting CANCELLED!

Posted by
13934 posts

I'll be there! I can report on Yellowstone in March when everything is closed if anyone is interested, lol.

Posted by
1840 posts

I am sorry to miss the meeting. We will be having supper at the Leopold von Sacher-Masoch cafe. Yes, that S & M.

Posted by
13934 posts

Monte, I forgot about your pictures from last time at the S&M! Well, raise a glass of fermented beverage in a toast to your friends back in Idaho.

Posted by
1840 posts

Thanks, I will, and have Sharon put her hand in the statue's pocket and say hello for you.

Posted by
4407 posts

I've already warned S & M that S & M are on their way...

For the rest of you, have a great meeting!

Posted by
13934 posts

Eileen it is probably still too cold in N. Idaho (a bit of snow this morning) for your Texas self, but you know you are invited up any time!

Posted by
2091 posts

I've arranged for Andrea to move up to Lewiston for two months and I have work for her to keep her out of trouble. Can you believe it? She was trying to move to Frankfurt for 2 months with Jim! Pam, if you have Eileen move in with you we'll be able to have the entire Sacramento Group meeting with the Moscow Group. It'll be great! Although I suspect One World will kick us out since it will be standing room only in the "Back Room"!

Posted by
10218 posts

Darcy, Darcy, Darcy, it's nothing personal that I would pick two months in Frankfurt over pulling your blackberry bushes. If it wasn't for our dog I would be online checking out flights right this minute! Jim could hold down the fort here while our new house is being built. It's not like we are building it ourselves!

Posted by
13934 posts

Andrea, I am totally shocked and amazed that you would pick Frankfurt (you did mean Frankfurt over Frankfort KY, right??) over Lewiston/blackberry bushes/occasional pulp mill smells. I can vouch for Darcy's very nice home altho truth be told once when I visited she had aluminum foil over the couch in the family room. She SAID is was to keep the dog off but she is kind of sneaky so I think it was meant for me. Wouldn't it be a hoot to have both Andrea and Eileen in Idaho!

Posted by
2091 posts

But Andrea, you can bring your dog here! Our Skooter would love to have a playmate. Of course your dog will also have to contend with our grand-dogs, twin Bernese Mountain dogs who are 6 months old right now! They take up most of the living room when they come visit or come for babysitting.

Posted by
10218 posts

Darcy & Pam, one of these days I'm going to convince Eileen that we need to make a road trip to Idaho. I think it would be a blast! Maybe it can cooincide with a meeting. I think we will skip a winter trip. What is the best time of year up there? Pam, I think you're right to be suspicious about the foil covered sofa.

Posted by
13934 posts

Best time of year? For Moscow area (2800') so a bit cooler, April thru October. For Lewiston (750') March to November minus July and August which are too dang hot!

Come on up!

At least Darcy did not make me don a foil covered suit when I came in to the house, lolol.

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, it all depends on what or who you've come into contact with in the boondocks of Troy! (I saw you hugging that moose!....and that tree!)

Posted by
4407 posts

Road Trip!!! Hey, Kat is just down the road from you this weekend...well, several hours down the road...but waaaay closer than the rest of us. Don't look for her, though ;-)

One World Café makes you meet in the back room? Panera lets us meet in the front room. Front and center, in fact.

Bummer for y'all...but try to have a nice meeting, anyway :-)

Posted by
13934 posts

Laughing Eileen! The back room is private and we can shut the door to keep the noise out! Or keep the noise IN if we are being rowdy that day!

Posted by
13934 posts

Urk!! Well the number of people committing to come tomorrow dwindled to 2, with one of those driving 2 hours so we have decided to CANCEL tomorrow's meeting!

Next meeting is Sat. May 23. We are moving it a week to avoid the UI Graduation on the 18th.

Posted by
2091 posts

No, no, Eileen! Don't unpack! It's almost time for the May meeting! This month's meeting will be a week later on the 23 May because of the UI graduation. Pam will probably post the notice on the 14th or 15th or whenever she gets around to it in her insanely busy schedule. But first she must go to lunch with me!