Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting 17 October, 2015

If you like to talk about travel, if you have travel questions or suggestions, meet us in the back room at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street in Moscow....Idaho.
You'll see a world map and various Rick Steves travel guides and maps on the table--we're not difficult to find.
We expect to get to hear trip reports from several people about Rick Steves tours as well as traveling independently. If you have questions or if you have travel hints, join us!
Who will be there?

Posted by
13937 posts

If I decide to catch my flight home on Tuesday I will be there, haha. Thalys and Versailles were on strike today (odd combo!).

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, if you don't get off that flight Tuesday night, I'm catching the Wednesday morning flight to haul you back for the meeting! OTOH maybe I'll stay there with you. Great idea, I'll stay. Then I can go see "my" cute chickens at Giverny again. From the picture you posted it looks like you're having the white chicken for dinner since you chopped off his head. Poor guy.

Posted by
2091 posts

So Andrea, since you've missed a couple of Sacto meetings, I suppose there isn't a chance you might make it to our Moscow meeting, right? Even if I send that private jet for you?
So far we have Pam, being propped up by Laurie, Monte, Sharon, Hedy, our daughter Leah, Doug and me. Okay everyone, you're going to have to put on quite a show to convince Leah how great our travel meetings are! Monte, do you have something really great for show and tell this month? Pam, could you do a little table dancing for us again?

Posted by
13937 posts

Leah is the one that lived in Paris, right?? I am worshipping at the local shrine to The Blessed Mermaid this morning so I can get a soy latte.

I think you flying over would be great. Andrea too!!

I am on the departure countdown and officially have enough clean unders and shirts to last without another sink wash so I guess I am coming home.

See you all Saturday.

Posted by
2091 posts

Yes, Pam, Leah's the daughter who lived in Paris as well as Aix en Provence for a year and 4-months in Nairobi. When she was a student in Aix, her weekends were always 3-days and she would travel throughout Europe. Of course I always had to visit her!

Posted by
2091 posts

Have a good flight, Pam and be sure to think seriously about where your next trip will take you!

Posted by
13937 posts

I do know i am not going to do this 9 hr layover in SLC again. This is brutal.

Posted by
10222 posts

I'd love to join Pam in Paris!

I'm in Oregon right now (near Mt. Hood), so closer than I normally am. I made sure I would be home for our meeting though. I would give it up for Paris.

Posted by
2091 posts

But Pam, what's the alternative? Hmmm, fly into Spokane and drive home after that long flight? We did that in the early 90's and it's not pleasant either. Driving to Spokane was okay but home was awful. Oh, but it wouldn't be so bad for you, would it? Isn't it only about an hour for you?
Andrea, I just left maps.google.com, wandering all over Paris. I wish I'd stop because it just makes me want to buy a ticket right now! I'll meet you over there! How about after the Travel Group meetings?!!!!

Posted by
13937 posts

Im thinking an overnight in SLC. Spokaloo is a good 1.5 hours. I would not want that drive plus you have to pay for parking. I'll take the 50-60 minute drive from Lew.

Wish there was something like a Yotel in SLC or even lounge chairs like Paris or AMS.

I have gotten in 10,000 steps in between Paris and SLC. Thanks for keeping me entertained!!

Posted by
2091 posts

Ha! Just heard your plane land, Pam or rather heard it turning at the west end!
Still trying to figure out how "in heaven" you managed to do 10,000 steps between Paris and Salt Lake. You must have kept the flight attendants hopping out of your way as you ran up and down the aisles!

Posted by
13937 posts

Haha!! I asked the pilot if he could gun the engines when we were coming in over your house, lol.

Yep I'm back, need to get out in the sunshine!!

Posted by
2091 posts

Well it turns out Hedy can't make it after all so there will be 9 of us which isn't bad for our little group! Looking forward to hearing Pam's trip and tour reports as well as Dan and Terry's. Hope we get to see pictures too.

Posted by
13937 posts

They are on my phone so you can flip thru at your leisure. I did get your Museum Passes and will bring them tomorrow.

Posted by
10222 posts

Have a good meeting! Darcy & Pam, let's all pause at the same time (noon?) and imagine ourselves meeting in Paris. I'm planning my trip for next year and even though I should be in Europe for at least 6 weeks I don't think I'm going to make it to Paris. So close, but yet so far.

Posted by
2091 posts

6 weeks, Andrea? WOW! Is it a May trip? I'm trying to figure out how to justify changing my ticket so I can stay longer and send my 3 travel partners home on their own!
Yes, let's pause at noon and plan our Paris meeting and maybe that'll make it happen.
Have a great meeting!