Please sign in to post.

Moscow Travel Meeting - 14 November 2015

It's that time again!
We'll be meeting a week earlier than usual on Saturday, 14 November at 10:30 at One World Cafe, 533 South Main Street, in Moscow, Idaho. The "back room" is available to us until 1:00 but people come and go as needed.
If you like to talk about travel, you will have a great time with friends who also love to talk about travel. I'm pretty sure we'll have several people who already have plans for trips for the next few months so if you have any questions, come join us and we'll have all sorts of suggestions for you! (Recommendation: take the suggestions that work for you and don't think twice about the ones that don't!)
You'll find us by a world map, Rick Steves guides and various travel bags or items on the table.
Who all will be there? I know someone who will be there who is anticipating planning a couple of Rick Steves tours, one who has a tour already scheduled and several people who have independent trips planned.

Posted by
13800 posts

Hmmm, well I wonder just who has her next RS trip organized already? A hint, it is not me!

I'll be there. Hope it doesn't snow for you Valley folks!

Posted by
2091 posts

Actually Pam, I know several people who have paid their tour deposits and one in particular who is planning 2 tours back-to-back!

Posted by
2091 posts

As of tonight I've heard from 8 who are coming and only 2 who can't make it. But we have great meetings even if there are only 2 of us as long as we get to talk travel, it's a great meeting!

Posted by
13800 posts

Weird...did I reply to your email? I don't see it in my sent folder and don't see your notice in my Inbox. I know you know I'm coming and the rest of the Troy household is busy.

Posted by
2091 posts

No Pam, you didn't space out or lose an email! I sent the early one so everyone would realize we were meeting a week earlier than usual then never sent the actual meeting notice. As you know we have major chaos going on downstairs and that combined with lack of sleep (yes, I love to party!), I forgot to send out the email. Some people replied to the original notice that's how I knew we will have 8 of us.

Posted by
2091 posts

Anyone else?

Andrea, Eileen? When are you coming to a meeting?

Posted by
10177 posts

I wish I could. I'm saving my pennies for my trip next Spring. A week in Italy before a Village Italy tour, then 3+ more weeks after that. I'll try to get up there one of these days. When will you come down here? :-)

Posted by
2091 posts

We were supposed to come down sometime in October but somehow that managed to get away from us! I'll find out when the bockbierfest is in April and try to coordinate it with the Sacramento Travel Group meeting. Will the Travel meeting be the 16 April?

Posted by
2091 posts

Well Bockbierfest at the Turnverein is the 2 April but I doubt that we can stay away from home that long especially since it takes a day and a half just to get to Sacramento. I'd prefer to be there when the Sacramento Group meets. (I mean, I thoroughly enjoy being with our folk dance group but the Sacramento Travel Group has Andrea and Eileen and that's where the party is!)

Posted by
2091 posts

Well zut alors! One of our group who was going to make it to the meeting just informed me that since neither of the other travelers from Coeur d'Alene is driving down, she won't be attending either. So we'll have 7 of us unless we have some surprise drop-ins like we did last month.

Posted by
10177 posts

Darcy, we will meet whenever you are in town! But yes, the regularly scheduled meeting in April will be on the 16th.

After the tragic attacks in Paris today, I think you, Pam and I need to go to Paris right away to show our support!

Posted by
13800 posts

Andrea, I agree. I can be packed in minutes.

Posted by
2091 posts

I wish we could help. I'd get on the 05:25 flight tomorrow morning if I could.

Posted by
10177 posts

I was with a friend of a friend this afternoon, helping her plan her first trip to Europe. On her proposed itinerary is Paris. She asked me if I'm ever afraid when I go to Europe. I told her no, that there is rarely violent crime there. Just after that part of our conversation I received an alert on my phone regarding the attack. I hope they don't decide to skip Paris because of this. We can't let the terrorists win.