Please sign in to post.

Moscow, Idaho Travel Group Sat March 21 @1030

Time for our monthly Towns & Villages near Moscow (no visa required) Travel Group! We’ll be meeting next Saturday, 21 March at 10:30 at One World Café, 533 South Main Street in Moscow. Our backroom is reserved until 1:00 as usual although of course we’re very laid back and understand if you need to leave early. The weather forecast does not look like there will be any winter weather to deal with so hoping all you Eastern Washington/Idaho Panhandle folks will be able to resist the lure of Spring activities (driving a load to the dump??) and come meet up with others who love to travel.

Come, have coffee and enjoy talking travel!

Posted by
13934 posts

On the way to Troy! You can park in downtown Moscow with your trailer load of stuff then head out to the dump afterwards, lol! Fun day!

BTW, we've got daffodils blooming as of today. Shockingly early!

Posted by
2091 posts

I'll be there! Actually, we'll be there. Of course I may well be asleep since I will have just returned home on Wednesday but at least I'll be there with my eyes closed. Doug will probably be wide awake...unusual, I know!
But wait! You won't be there, Pam, will you?

Posted by
13934 posts

Whaaat! What are you doing posting on the forum when you are in Paris? Hope you are having fun and will have stories to share which you will then have to repeat to me later.

Yes, I will not be there...heading for Yellowstone for a birding program.

Posted by
2091 posts

Pam, have you had any responses from emailing the group? I'm not positive, but Terri (&Dan) might be kicking up her heels and not able to attend, although I'm not sure if it was this month or not till next month.
Yes, traveling with a daughter or two, I have on occasion had a bit of time to post if we've decided to take it slow in the morning.
Musee d'Orsay was wonderful yesterday; the least crowded I have ever seen it!

Saw the movie "Selma" last night which was well done. Reminded me of why all my friends were scared to let me move from Nairobi back to the US in 1967. They were positive I'd never get out of the US alive!

Posted by
13934 posts

Hedy has replied that she should be there, but Doug would be touching base with her Friday night anyway? I didn't specifically ask for a reply because really, we know who of the core group will be there. Yes, I think the CdA folks said last time they would be busy. Should be a beautiful day both in Moscow and Yellowstone, lol.

Funny that you saw Selma in Paris.

Posted by
13934 posts

Andrea, you realize she should NOT be in Paris without us!

Posted by
2091 posts

Thanks, Andrea!
Yes we are of course having a wonderful time although I keep looking for Pam, Andrea and Jim, expecting to have lunch together. Let's not meet at the gare du Nord next time but at Cafe Constant instead for dinner, d'accord?

Posted by
10221 posts

I like how you think Darcy. And yes Pam, it was rude of her to go without us. But I'll forgive her. This time.

Posted by
1840 posts

As I was mowing the lawn this afternoon I was thinking about how great it will be to see all your bright, shining faces Saturday morning.

Posted by
13934 posts

Whaaat?? Do you really have enough grass to mow? Ours is not covered by snow, but I do not think it has started to grow yet!

In other weather news, drove over to Yellowstone today and snow level is way above 5.000' and it looks patchy even then.

Posted by
1840 posts

I'll see you all tomorrow. Maybe we can have some local food. Let's see we have a choice of Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Mongolian, American Fast Food, Mexican Fast Food, Local Fast Food. The world's best hamburgers can be found at the Brass Lantern in Genesee.

Posted by
13934 posts

Well you left out Greek or actually Greek-ish, unless you were including Mikeys as local fast food!

Posted by
2091 posts

Well, Pam, I see that Andrea has forgiven me for going to Paris without you two but have you? I tried to get you to go with me (us) but no, you were too busy trying to figure out where to travel to this year. (I have the feeling at some meeting Pam's going to all of a sudden tell us she's leaving next week! Aaaaaargh! I can't stand the suspense.

Posted by
13934 posts

Darcy, I see you posted at 2:57 AM so jet lag must be in full swing! No decision yet on travel plans other than Yellowstone again in June. Bluebirds, bison, elk, pronghorn and some various ducks yesterday, birding trip gets in to full swing today! Have fun at the meeting.

Posted by
10221 posts

Darcy & Pam, the three of us should go to Paris together. We can walk around the Orangerie barefoot. Doesn't that sound like fun? ;-)

Posted by
2091 posts

Oh yes, jet lag is in full swing! Amazing how it doesn't phase me one bit on arrival in Europe but coming home? UGH! It's alright though because (fortunately) the Valley knows I usually stagger around.
Pam, look closely at those animals you saw...I think you'll notice that some of them don't have wings! I only mention it because this is supposed to be a birding trip.
Andrea! What an excellent idea!

Posted by
13934 posts

Haha Darcy! Yes, we got lots of birds today.

Andrea, we can pack lighter if we don't have to take specific shoes for the Orangerie. I do have an issue with one toenail (hesitate to go in to graphic detail on the forum) but perhaps no one will notice if I am dressed like some of the folks who shop at Walmart anyway.

Hoping it was a fun and successful meet-up! (I was busy seeing more mountain bluebirds, horned larks, golden eagle, dippers, killdeers and gray jays....in addition to the usual non-winged mammals.)