Please sign in to post.

San Francisco Area Travel Meeting April 9th

We'd love to have you join us, Saturday, April 9th, to talk about travel... We always have fun and it's a great way to meet others to share stories, info and to talk about your past and/or upcoming trip.

We meet every 2nd Saturday of the month, 12:00 Noon, at:

Marin Brewing Company
1809 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur.

Locals call this area "Larkspur Landing". Marin Brewing Company is located in a shopping center called "Marin Country Mart" on Sir Francis Drake Blvd., directly across from the Larkspur Ferry Terminal.

When coming from the Richmond/San Rafael bridge take the 2nd freeway exit that says "Sir Francis Drake Blvd" and just stay on that road.
If coming from SF or from the north on 101, take the "Sir Francis Drake Blvd" exit and go east, the shopping center will be on your left.

Come in and look for us inside or outside on their patio... there will be a RS book on the table.

If you can't be there at 12:00 it's ok, we're usually there for 2-3 hrs, so come on by anytime between 12:00 and 2:00!

Posted by
5697 posts

Not sure exactly where we will be on the 9th at 9 p.m. Paris time, but even though it won't be in Larkspur we will think about you. Maybe toast you with some vin ordinaire.
Lauri and Ed

Posted by
9420 posts

We will miss you Lauri and Ed... Hmm, Paris on the 9th... Can't think of a better place to be! We'll look forward to hearing all about your amazing trip when you get back... Have a great time!! Bon Voyage Lauri and Ed!

Posted by
10221 posts

I'll be camping on the Russian River, so closer than usual but not quite close enough. Have a good meeting!

Posted by
9420 posts

Thanks Andrea! Enjoy camping... So fun. We'll miss you.

Posted by
1307 posts

I'll be there, and I think the Notorious BG will be coming as well!!
:-)
SharYn

Posted by
9420 posts

Lol Sharyn... so clever you are! I like Biggy. See you soon!

Posted by
9420 posts

Notorious BG is very cool. Looking forward to seeing you and Sharyn on Saturday! Glad you'll be there before your turn to be in Paris!

Posted by
1307 posts

Actually I was thinking of Ruth Bader Ginsberg ... she is sometimes referred to by us fans as The Notorious RBG!
But Biggy is fun, too!
See you Saturday.

Posted by
9420 posts

I like all three! Betty, Ruth and Biggy Smalls... : )

Posted by
1307 posts

Yay Jeff!
We'll be toasting several soon-to-be departures, you know!

Posted by
5697 posts

6 p.m. Paris time and we have our feet up in our petite Parisian apartment (10x10 excluding bath and mini-kitchen) after a day at the Louvre. Dinner of baguette, cheese, pate. Maybe the Languedoc Rose that we got at Monoprix. C'est bon!

Posted by
10221 posts

I hope you're eating inside. We need the rain, but why couldn't it wait until Monday?

Posted by
9420 posts

I was thinking the same thing Andrea! Rain, rain, rain here... and I was hoping it would be patio weather. Of course it was 3 days ago!

Lauri, sounds like Heaven!! Actually, it IS Heaven! We'll miss you and Ed today... keep having fun!

Posted by
9420 posts

Fun meeting today. We've decided not to have a May meeting since half our core group will be in Europe... but we'd love to see everyone again on June 11th.

Posted by
23 posts

Just stumbled upon this forum today. Did not even know these groups exist. I live in the tri valley area and would love to attend the next meeting 6/11. Will the location and date be confirmed in this post, 2-3 days before 6/11? I will try to check this post for updates.

Posted by
1307 posts

Yes, Priyatv, one of us will post the time and locale of the meeting for June 11th a week or so before.
We would love to have you join us. 4 of our regular group will have recently returned from Europe with great stories and info to share. And we are always happy to share what we know with anyone who shows up.

Posted by
9420 posts

pryatv, as Sharyn said, we'd love to have you join us. We always meet at Marin Brewing in Larkspur (info above) at 12:00 on the second Saturday of the month... except this month because several people in our core group are in Europe. So come and join us at 12:00 on June 11th, we'll be happy to have you!