Please sign in to post.

First Washington DC travel meetup of 2018-Sunday, January 28 @10:00 am

Happy New Year everyone! The Washington DC area travel fans will be gathering at Teaism-Penn Quarter, 400 8th St. NW, Washington DC at 10:00 am. We will meet downstairs where most of the seating is. Look for a Rick Steves book on the table.

If you live in the area or are just visiting, please join us. We won’t have the tour guides and expert tips that will be happening at the “other” Washington that weekend but we will have a lively discussion about travel.

Posted by
809 posts

Thanks, Kim! I look forward to the gathering. Happy New Year and happy travels in 2018 to all!

Posted by
7049 posts

Thanks for organizing Kim! Looking forward to it.
Happy New Year everyone!

Posted by
919 posts

Thanks, Kim. See you there!
P.S. I have an admission ticket to Winchester Cathedral that's good for one year (until November 2018). If anyone thinks they might be able to use it for an upcoming trip, let me know, and I will bring it with me.

Posted by
5516 posts

I plan to be there.

And Rachel, I might be interested in buying that ticket from you. Although, I don’t know if I will be able to refrain from singing the CSN song (”I’m flying in Winchester Cathedral. All religion has to have its day ...”)

Posted by
919 posts

No charge for the ticket! Am just glad you may be able to use it.

Posted by
207 posts

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. Anyone who is visiting Washington DC this weekend is welcome to join us too.

Posted by
809 posts

Thanks for the reminder! See you soon - I’m flying back from the Bahamas today (weather permitting of course)...