Please sign in to post.

East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, Sept 14, 2019

Please join us at the next meeting of the East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group.

Do you enjoy talking about travel and hearing about the travels of others? Are you looking for advice for an upcoming trip? Or have travel experiences you'd love to share? Whether you enjoy RS tours or have never been on one. Everyone is welcome!!

When: September 14, 2019, 11am
Please reply or PM to let me know if you can make it so that I can plan enough seating.

Topic: Do you create travel journals or memory books? Whether physical or digital, please bring yours to show!

Where:
Geppetto's Café
87 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA
Outdoor patio, weather permitting, otherwise indoors
I'll have my Rick Steves guidebooks (what's left of them!) on the tables.

Public Transport: 0.7 miles from the Orinda Bart station
Parking: there is 2-hour street parking and a lot behind the café, both free.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted):
Oct 26, 2019 @ 11am (4th Saturday)
Nov 9, 2019 @ 11am
Dec 7, 2019 @ 11am (1st Saturday)
Jan 11, 2020 @ 11am

Posted by
4585 posts

September 14: please make note of the Highway 24 delays and Bart track closures.
https://www.bart.gov/news/articles/2019/news20190725-1

Highway 24 lane closures
All lane closures for this project will happen near the Lafayette Station and Oak Hill Road and will only impact the two far-left eastbound lanes of Highway 24. Westbound lanes will not be closed during this work. Expect delays of up to 30 minutes during weekend daytime lane closures.

Posted by
1506 posts

Hi, CW
We're sorry that we will not be able to attend on Sept 14 as we'll be getting ready for our trip. It seems as the years go by it takes us longer to prepare and we want to be rested up. I've added the future dates to our calendar. Looking forward to October when we can share our latest travel experiences! Until then, happy travels!
Carol (&Tony)

Posted by
4585 posts

Hi Carol - we'll look forward to hearing about your trip in October.

Buon viaggio!!
Catherine

Posted by
743 posts

I'll be there!

Thank you, Catherine, for organizing these travel group meetings!

Posted by
4585 posts

Marvelous, Christine, I'm looking forward to swapping travel stories with you again!

Posted by
647 posts

I am hoping to be able to make it, depending on the timing of a possible conflict. I will let you know for sure on Friday. Do the meetings usually last about an hour?

Posted by
4585 posts

Hi Barbara, I hope it works out! In August we were all there for 2 hours and some stayed longer.

Please come when you can and stay as long as you're able!

Posted by
2602 posts

It's looking like I'll be able to attend this meeting, see you on Saturday!

Posted by
1307 posts

Unless the temps are too too hot I am planning to come.
SharYn

Posted by
4585 posts

Great SharYn! They're showing 76 for Orinda at 11 and creeping towards 84 by 1 or 2pm, at which point there should be shade.

I'll call about 8:30am Saturday morning to reserve tables for our party size.

Posted by
1307 posts

Wonderful news CW!
I'm looking forward to seeing you and everyone.
And a nice iced latte and a BLTA!
(It's a nice cafe and I'm happy to give them some business. I hope everyone else feels the same way!)

Posted by
5697 posts

We will both be there on Saturday -- have been looking over the sandwich menu to narrow down our many choices.

Lauri and Ed

Posted by
4585 posts

BG, I am happy to hear that you're coming. And a bonus that you're bringing a memory book. I'm so interested in seeing what people do!

Posted by
2602 posts

Just wanted to say thank you for starting this great group—I had a wonderful time, very much looking forward to the next meeting!

Posted by
4585 posts

Christa - it was great to meet you and hear firsthand about some of your travels. Looking forward to talking again at the next meeting!