Please sign in to post.

East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, Oct 26, 2019

Please join us at the next meeting of the East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group.

Do you enjoy talking about travel and hearing about the travels of others? Are you looking for advice for an upcoming trip? Or have travel experiences you'd love to share? Whether you enjoy RS tours or have never been on one. Everyone is welcome!!

When: October 26, 2019, 11am
(I am posting this early to make it easy to "bump" it nearer the date while I'm traveling.)

Please reply or PM to let me know if you can make it so that I can plan enough seating.

Topic: let's hear about all the fall travels!

Where:
Geppetto's Café, outdoor patio, weather permitting, otherwise indoors
87 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA
I'll have my Rick Steves guidebooks (what's left of them!) on the tables.

Public Transport: 0.7 miles from the Orinda Bart station
Parking: there is 2-hour street parking and a lot behind the café, both free.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted):
November 9, 2019 @ 11am
December 7, 2019 @ 11am (1st Saturday)
January 11, 2020 @ 11am

Posted by
4600 posts

Hello East Bay travelers!

I'm on my last (efficient, wifi-enabled German) train, back to Frankfurt. I have a few more fun things planned there, and then the international part of my trip is ending. Feeling wistful. I'm eager to hear about everyone's fall trips and trip planning!!

For planning, please let me know if you'll be there.

Feel free to bring something to share from your travels. Your journal. Memory book. A favorite souvenir. Recommendations. A trip plan you're working on.

And of course your stories!

Posted by
5697 posts

Not sure -- will have an out-of-state visitor that weekend.
She and I have traveled together so she might be up for a travel meeting but if not I will see you all in November.
Lauri

Posted by
4600 posts

Your visitor is welcome! And otherwise we'll see you in November. We've had lots of recent travels, so there should be plenty of stories for both October and November!

Posted by
2602 posts

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!! I had a great little trip to London since the last meet and now I'm in the throes of deciding where to go next spring...

Posted by
744 posts

Count me in! It will be fun to see everyone and hear about recent travels.

Posted by
4600 posts

Christa, looking forward to hearing about London. And Christine, can't wait to hear more about your trip plans.

See you both next Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting new ideas myself!

Posted by
4600 posts

Excellent Carol, we're looking forward to seeing you and Tony and hearing about your trip!

Posted by
1307 posts

I'm a bit jet-lagged but I think that I will likely make it to the meeting tomorrow.
SharYn

Posted by
5697 posts

Welcome back Sharyn, Catherine and Christa -- sorry I will be missing you all on Saturday but my guest prefers the local Halloween parade. See you on November 9 to hear about everyone's travels and plans.

Lauri (and probably Ed)

Posted by
4600 posts

Welcome back, SharYn, we'll see you soon! Lauri, the Halloween parade sounds fun. We'll see you (and maybe Ed) in November!

I'll get seating for 7 who have confirmed!

Edit: if anyone else can make it last minute, you are still welcome!!

Posted by
4600 posts

Thanks Susan! Welcome home to you as well. I hope your travels were fabulous, despite the rocky transit start!

Posted by
2091 posts

Welcome home, Susan and SharYn! We sure enjoyed getting to visit with you in Paris. Maybe we can make this an annual event!
Do you have next year's trip planned yet like I do? Still thinking about that apartment we should buy so we can all have a month each in Paris...sigh!

Posted by
9420 posts

Thank you Catherine!
Thank you Darcy! It was really nice spending time with you in Paris. A group apt would be fun!

Posted by
4600 posts

Thanks to everyone who came today. It was a great group and fun discussions. I came home with at least 3 new trip ideas!

Posted by
1506 posts

Yesterday was a great meet up but your comment about ideas for 3 new trips is why I said these meetings are dangerous ;) But, seriously, it was a really interesting and enjoyable meeting!

Posted by
4600 posts

Yes, very "dangerous" indeed. And one of those ideas is Portugal :-) And Brussels and Bruges. And the Christmas markets. And ….on an on!

So glad you could make it Carol and Tony!