Please sign in to post.

East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, Nov 9, 2019

Please join us at the next meeting of the East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group.

Do you enjoy talking about travel and hearing about the travels of others? Are you looking for advice for an upcoming trip? Or have travel experiences you'd love to share? Whether you enjoy RS tours or have never been on one. Everyone is welcome!!

When: November 9, 2019, 11am
Please reply or PM to let me know if you can make it so that I can plan enough seating.

Topic: let's hear about the fall travels and winter travel plans! Bring your travel book, journal or a favorite souvenir.

Where:
Geppetto's Café, outdoor patio, weather permitting, otherwise indoors
87 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA
I'll have my Rick Steves guidebooks (what's left of them!) on the tables.

Parking: there is 2-hour street parking and a lot behind the café, both free.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted):
December 7, 2019 @ 11am (1st Saturday)
January 11, 2020 @ 11am
February 8, 2020 @ 11am

Posted by
5697 posts

Table for two, s'il vous plait. I spent today sorting through my warm sweaters for the December trip.
See you on the 9th.
Lauri and Ed

Posted by
4601 posts

Mais oui, madame! I'm getting caught up in the idea of a Christmas markets trip, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about yours.

(And how you pack for it. I thought packing "light" and having enough layers for fall was tricky enough.)

Posted by
304 posts

Rats! We will be in Cambridge on 9 Nov and Oxford on 7 Dec!

Hope to make it someday soon!

Posted by
4601 posts

Rats is right. Well, it seems you'll have lots of good travel stories to share when you do make it! I'll be looking forward to those.

Posted by
2602 posts

I’ll be there, with my May trip plans to discuss...Belgium is out and here’s a hint: I’m going to a neighbor of Hungary 😉

Posted by
4601 posts

Great, Barbara, can't wait to see your new books!

Christa, there are some pretty interesting options there. Hmmm, Croatia? Romania? Looking forward to the surprise!

I've just booked a Rick Steves tour! (My first.) Let's hope I can find sensible flights. I should know by next weekend if it's a "go."

There are 6 of us confirmed. And plenty of room for more at the café!

Posted by
4601 posts

Wonderful, Carol, we'll see you both on Saturday!

Table for 10 (or more!) @ Geppetto's!

Posted by
4601 posts

You must be so excited about your Christmas markets trip. Looking forward to seeing you today!

Posted by
744 posts

Thank you again for another great travel group meeting! Such a nice group of people with a wealth of travel experience to share! Happy travels!

Posted by
4601 posts

I agree, Christine, what a nice group of travelers! I really enjoyed the conversations and the photo albums. And now I'm going shopping for some walking boots.

Good luck in your Christmas market travels. I can't wait to hear about the markets and see what you bring back. And my fingers are crossed for Lauri and Ed, that you will manage through the train strikes and enjoy your winter holiday!

Posted by
2602 posts

I’m so enjoying this group, sorry I had to leave a bit early today—already looking forward to December’s meeting 😌

Posted by
1506 posts

Another great meeting! So interesting to hear everyone's travel plans and tips. Looking forward to hearing about the Christmas markets and Lauri and Ed's experiences. Happy travels to Christine, Lauri, and Ed!