Please sign in to post.

(CANCELLED) East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, Mar 14, 2020

Given the recommendations from local health officials in our area to stay home or practice social distancing, our March meeting is cancelled.

Please join us at the next meeting of the East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group.

Do you have travel plans for 2020? Come join us to talk about your plans and get tips for your next trip! Whether you enjoy RS tours or have never been on one, everyone is welcome!!

Please reply or PM to let me know if you can make it so that I can plan enough seating.

WHEN: see future meeting dates, below

WHERE:
Geppetto's Café:
(once I see the forecast, I'll post whether we're meeting indoors or outdoors in March)
87 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA
To find us, look for my Rick Steves guide books on the tables.

Parking: there is 2-hour street parking and a lot behind the café, both free.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted):
April 11, 2020 @ 11am
May 2, 2020 @ 11am (1st Saturday)
June 13, 2020 @ 11am
July 11, 2020 @ 11am
August 8, 2020 @ 11am

Posted by
5697 posts

Planning to be there.

FYI, the Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale is this coming weekend in Oakland -- not much for travel (we did get a Garmin one year) but lots of kitchen/ garden / housewares stuff.

Lauri and Ed

Posted by
1506 posts

Greetings! We're going to miss this one but hope to make it next month.

Posted by
4612 posts

Laura B - so glad we'll see you and Ed and thanks for the tip.

Christa - I've been reading some of your reports from the Baltics and look forward to talking to you more about your experiences there.

Carol and Tony - sorry that we will miss you this month, but we'll all be looking forward to hearing about Spain if you can join us in April.

Posted by
4612 posts

Given the recommendations from local health officials in our area to stay home or practice social distancing, I am cancelling our meeting for this Saturday. Hope to see you all again in April!

Posted by
1307 posts

CW -- You might want to edit your headline to indicate that the meeting is cancelled. It will be more obvious to more people.
(I hope to see you in May.)

Posted by
1506 posts

Good plan to cancel but depressing and scary reading it here. Hoping the precautions and preventative measures stop the progress of the virus. In Seville people continue to be out and about. Some cases here but there are still a lot of tourists. Hope to return as planned.

Posted by
660 posts

I hope everyone stays well and that we can return to meeting later this Spring.

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey travel gang
thanks for the "heads up" cancellation notice CW. it's a shame about this whole situation. i'll mark my calendar for next month. take care everyone.
aloha

Posted by
4612 posts

Barbara and Princess Pupule - I also hope that by April we can all get together again, and perhaps sit outside on the patio to enjoy the spring weather!

Safe continued travels, Carol, we'll look forward to your news of Spain!

Posted by
745 posts

Catherine,
Very wise decision to cancel our current meeting. Looking forward to seeing everyone when this is over.

Stay well
Christine

Posted by
4612 posts

Thanks, Christine, it was not what I was hoping for. But in the end I decided to follow the Rick Steves example and look to the experts - our local health officials in this case - and follow their increasing recommendations for caution.