Please sign in to post.

East Bay (SF area) Travel Group Meeting - Sat, Feb 8, 2020

Please join us at the next meeting of the East Bay (San Francisco area) Travel Group.

Do you have travel plans for 2020? Come join us to talk about your plans and get tips for your dream trip! Whether you enjoy RS tours or have never been on one, everyone is welcome!!

Please reply or PM to let me know if you can make it so that I can plan enough seating.

TOPIC:
Christmas travels (you know who you are!) and scrapbooks
Transit research - trains, planes or trams, bring your questions and secrets for finding great transit fares and options

WHEN: February 8, 2020 @ 11am

WHERE:
Geppetto's Café, look for us indoors in February!
87 Orinda Way, Orinda, CA
To find us, look for my Rick Steves guide books on the tables.

Parking: there is 2-hour street parking and a lot behind the café, both free.

Future meetings (2nd Saturdays except as noted):
March 14, 2020 @ 11am
April 11, 2020 @ 11am
May 2, 2020 @ 11am (1st Saturday)
June 13, 2020 @ 11am
July 11, 2020 @ 11am
August 8, 2020 @ 11am

Posted by
5697 posts

Look for us there. Random pictures.

Current travel question -- Deutsche Bahn 25% pass (three month) has anybody used it ?

Posted by
2417 posts

Does the group always meet over on that side, never closer to the theater? Like the hofbrau? (What about BARTers?)

Posted by
4540 posts

Laura B, yes I used the DB 25% card last fall when I had just enough train travel to save myself a little money.

Posted by
4540 posts

Hello avirosemail,

Are you referring to Orinda Theater? The Orinda Bart station is 0.7 miles from Geppetto's, where we meet.

Posted by
26 posts

Can’t make this one, but the following ones look good, so please keep posting. Thanks!

Posted by
4540 posts

Anne, sorry we will miss you this month, but I'm glad we may see you next month.
Christine, see you on Saturday!

Posted by
171 posts

My husband and I would love to come from Napa, it will be our first meeting. Don't really think we need a lot of info on transit but are interested in Christmas markets and other info, as well as sharing our experiences of course. Would this mtg work for us?
Thank you
Karen

Posted by
4540 posts

Hi Karen, we would love to have you! The transit topic will be informal. And 2 of our travelers are just back from Christmas markets and New Year's in Vienna, so we're eager to hear about their trip.... and get ideas to plan our own.

We would love to hear about your travels... and get even more ideas!

Posted by
171 posts

Okay. Please add my husband (Dennis) and myself to list of attendees. See you then!

Posted by
4540 posts

Fabulous, Karen, we look forward to meeting you and Dennis!

Posted by
1499 posts

We plan on being there. Excited to hear the trip report!

Posted by
2599 posts

I'm sorry I won't be able to make this month's meeting but March looks good.

Posted by
4540 posts

Carol, that's great. Looking forward to seeing you and Tony!
Christa, sorry we will miss you this month, but I'm glad we should see you in March!

Posted by
740 posts

Thank you everyone for another enjoyable afternoon discussing travel and special thanks to Catherine for organizing our monthly gathering! It was nice meeting RS travelers Karen and Dennis today.

Great to hear about Lauri and Ed's impressive six week winter trip. New Year's Eve in Vienna is now on my travel wish list!

Happy travels to Carol and Tony as they embark on their trip to Spain.

See you next month!
Christine

Posted by
4540 posts

Thanks to Christine, as well, for coming early and helping get us set up today in Geppetto's!

I really enjoyed our conversations and hearing about Lauri and Ed's fabulous tour of Christmas Markets. Barbara, I picked up a few new tips for finding airfares, great topic. Karen and Dennis, thank you for making the drive down and I hope we will see you again.

Carol and Tony - happy travels to Spain and I'll see you in Riga!

Posted by
1499 posts

Agree this was another interesting meeting. Thanks to Lauri & Ed for sharing their trip with us. Such fun to share stories and to meet newcomers, Karen and Dennis. And thanks, Christine, for sharing your photo book. I didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday but I really enjoyed paging through it. It showed how much you enjoyed your trip! There were some familiar places for us and we didn't have a chance to discuss them with you, but maybe at another meeting.

And thanks for all your well wishes for our upcoming trip. We'll take them with us :)