Please sign in to post.

Denver Travel group meeting, Saturday, May 21, 2022

Next Saturday, the long wait will be over (the 21st is the latest date possible for the 3rd Saturday in a month). So, I guess we will be meeting, in person, as usual, at 10 AM at Panera Bread in Aspen Grove (just north of the Mineral Light Rail Station. Tomorrow, happy Mothers Day!

Posted by
2252 posts

I’m in France! See you all next month!

Posted by
284 posts

I can actually make a local meeting now that mud season is here. If it is still a go, count me in.

Posted by
19092 posts

Jason,
five of our regulars have already said they are out of town or otherwise won't be going to the meeting. As for me, I'm going to wait and see how the roads are tomorrow morning, then decide. So, I don't know what to tell you. Probably wait until next month; there is a good chance you would be the only one there. I hope this doesn't discourage you from coming out in the future.

For all of you in the rest of the country, it's springtime in the Rockies. Yesterday it was almost 90°. It got cold last night, and it's snowed most of the day today. The snow and cold (29°) is expected to continue through the night. So far all of the snow has melted on the warm roads, but tomorrow morning could be messy.

Posted by
2252 posts

I’m currently in Aix-en-Provence and would like everyone there to know your/our weather has made the BBC news. Hard to believe that much snow is predicted for the end of May but certainly more than welcome!

Posted by
19092 posts

I don't think we got as much snow as predicted. The street in front of my house does not have any accumulation and I can still see the pavement. My outdoor thermometer is reading 34°F, so I'm not expecting streets, at least the well traveled ones, to be bad. I'm going to try it.

I might be the only one there, but I'm going.

So Jason, if you want to try it, I'll try to be there.

Posted by
19092 posts

Well, the streets were great. I used Wadsworth and Ken Carly/Mineral and got to Panera in record time. And Jason was there. Arnold came too (it was too snowy to hike). It was fun.

Posted by
1556 posts

I definitely got in my hike this morning. Not sure where you live but I got at least 6 inches of snow and many broken trees limbs at my house and Roxborough park where I hiked this morning had over a foot of snow in many areas