Please sign in to post.

Denver Travel Group, Aug. 19 2023

Martha has offered to post the Denver meeting announcements while I am undergoing chemo for the next 2 months. So far I'm feeling pretty good and could have posted today, but just in case I don't feel up to posting in the future, she's filling in.

Posted by
57 posts

OK, Lee, I will give details…

Denver RS Travel Group will meet on Saturday, Aug 19th at 10am at the Aspen Grove Panera.

Location is at Santa Fe and Mineral. We are a pretty casual group, we just sit and chat about past and future travel. Generally there is between 6 and 10 people there, so it is easy to chat with all. Some of our group is well traveled, some are not so much, all are welcome! Someone will have a blue and yellow RS book on the table for identification. Please come join us!

Posted by
19092 posts

Good job, Martha.

We'll see how my chemo goes on Monday.

So far I have felt no adverse effects of the chemo itself, although I did have a lot of bone pain due to the shots they gave me to counteract low white blood cell count due to chemo. Thankfully, that's over.

I will try to be there, but I'll have to wear a mask because my immune system is down.

Posted by
2252 posts

Oh, Lee, I’m so sorry to hear of your struggles and we’ll talk further when I see you next. I do hope you’re feeling up to coming Saturday but I certainly understand if you think better of it! Martha, thanks for filling in! So far I don’t have anything that takes precedence over seeing my travel friends so as of Sunday, Aug. 13, I’m planning on seeing everybody next Saturday.

Posted by
90 posts

I will be leaving Serengeti for Arusha Saturday on my way home. Hope to see you in September. Larry, hope the side effects continue to be minimal.

Posted by
111 posts

Lee - I hope this week wasn’t too rough after your treatment.

We just returned from Wisconsin late Tuesday and had a pretty intense workweek. We were already committed to a neighborhood alley clean-up this morning, so I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to catch up with all of you this month!