Please sign in to post.

Where Do I Go Through Customs or Immigration

I have a flight form Toronto to Newcastle with a 3 hour layover in dubin and I'm a us citizen

Posted by
14939 posts

Dublin. There is no immigration traveling from Ireland to the UK. At least, as of now.

Posted by
93 posts

Dublin, and 3 hour layover. You can buy a pint of Guinness and get some free whisky samples in the shops while you wait in dublin airport!
When you arrive in dublin, pay attention to the lines. A lot of people get confused, Make sure you get to the line for connections. Kind of off to the left if my memory serves me right. then go through the Non EU line.

Posted by
4037 posts

If flying home to a US destination you will go through immigration screening in Dublin. If flying home (separately) from Toronto, the screen will be conducted at Pearson airport.

Posted by
2916 posts

You can buy a pint of Guinness and get some free whisky samples in the shops while you wait in dublin airport!

The 2 times I was connecting in Dublin in the afternoon I could not get a Guinness. Several places had Guinness taps with coverings over them. Then I saw a place with a drinks menu that included Guinness and another local brewery. So my wife and I ordered a Guinness, and the server said: Sorry, we're out of Guinness. I thought of the Fawlty Towers episode where every patron would order Theakstons Bitter and be told: "No, you can't have that."