Please sign in to post.

Want to follow U2 Summer of 2010-train info needed

Hi,

I am thinking about following U2 through part of Europe next summer-I will be leaving/flying from Boston and want to catch them in Hannover DE, Horsens DK, and Helsinki FI-I am thinking that I will fly Boston to Amsterdam and then find my way via train to Hannover, Horsens and then Helsinki. I am looking to piece this together via a train. Any ideas on how to do this and what trail/rail maps I need to look at??

Thanks a Million!!

Posted by
4555 posts

Check out the German rail website for the best line on train schedules around Europe. Next summer's schedules won't be out for a while yet, but even this fall's listings will give you a good idea as to destinations and frequencies.

Posted by
4684 posts

You're most difficult trip will be to Helsinki. Because of the geography travel to Finland from Denmark overland means heading a very long way north into Arctic Sweden and around the coast, through remote areas with very little transport.. If you don't want to fly the Stockholm-Helsinki ferry takes almost 24 hours, and you still have to get from Denmark to Stockholm which takes about five hours at best.

Posted by
2 posts

You guys are the best for your advice! I think that I might have to look into a flight for that leg of the trip then!

Posted by
4555 posts

If you do want to fly, check out whichbudget.com for discount airlines. Right now, they show Blue1 flying that route...return from Copenhagen, about 165 Euro. As soon as you know your dates, book the airline, since the cheaper fares will go quickly.

Posted by
111 posts

Also, you might want to keep in mind, metro transit from your hotel to the venue before and after the show. I would also get into the city at least a day prior to the concert date. It gives me a peace of mind and just in case, missed flight/train, delays etc somehow happens. I too, travel for concert tours and have met really cool people while waiting in line to get into the venue.