Please sign in to post.

Vueling Airlines

I am trying to find the best way to get from Paris to Rome. It looks like that Vueling Airlines is economical, plus it actually take you from Paris to Rome and not some place an hour outside city. I have read pros and cons regarding this airline. Most complaints are that Vueling rescheduled flights, not by a small amount of time, but 12 hours to completely different days. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but according to their web site, there is only one flight a day. If so, tickets are already on sale for 77 Euros per person. Should I take my chances. I don't want to miss a spot on the only plane available. Anyone traveled with this airline that would like to share their experience?

Posted by
25 posts

My family and I have used Vueling Airlines last year on our 3 week holiday to Spain-Italy-Portugal. I was a little nervous using something new, but I was very impressed. Nothing was rescheduled and you are right with your logic when there is only one flight per day. It was wonderful, reasonable, simple, and very reliable. As the tickets sell out the prices go up, so get them right away before they do. The planes we flew on were new with excellent flight services for an economy line. We flew from Madrid to Rome, Rome to Seville, and back & forth from Madrid and Lisbon. All four flights were without a flaw, wonderful service, no hidden charges, and right into main airports. I highly recommend using them; I will also continue to use them on future flights. Happy travels! Oh, by the way if you haven't booked your lodging in Rome, I would highly recommend Il Colle degli Ulivi in Zargarolo, Italy for your Rome visit. It will be the best Italian visit by far! Check out their website www.eyl.it. Ivano and Tehri are wonderful hosts, offering lodging, transportation and meals, very reasonable and convenient by pleasant train ride right into Rome central terminal. Believe me after a day of sightseeing, it is an oasis to stay with them in the beautiful surrounds of Olive trees, not to mention the medieval hill town of Zagarola is a must see sight as well. Ivano and Tehri will help you with all the information you need. Make it a real authentic Italian Experience!

Posted by
2207 posts

Kristen - we have flown from Rome to Paris on Vueling a few times...we like come into CDG as opposed to Ryanair's airport ... and at close to the same price.

We've always had good experiences with Vueling. There were limited flights, as we did not arrive one night until 11 PM (if I recall)... but the price and convenince for us, offset the time. We were very familiar with CDG (Vueling comes into Terminal 1) so for us it was easy.

Ciao,
Ron

Posted by
1170 posts

I don't know if you saw my hysterical posts earlier on in the year when Vueling changed the times on us and I was beside myself trying to figure out what to do. Anyway, long story short. Vueling was amazing to fly with, and the flight attendants were extremely helpful and friendly. We got into CDG at a reasonable time, and everything worked out. In fact, they had offered to refund our money if we did not care for the time change. They changed it on us about 2 or three times.