Please sign in to post.

Venice to Rome

Anyone know what's going on with the sudden change in availability of trains from Venice, Italy to Rome, Italy? Just now, I searched online via the DBahn site for travel on April 16, 2011 and the ONLY option is an overnight train departing 22:51 and arriving on April 17, 2011 at 9:15 in Rome, with the duration of the ride taking over 10 hours. What is going on?? I thought there were roughly hourly trains from Venice to Rome. Please let me know if you can shed some light on this. I'm very confused. Thanks!!

Posted by
11346 posts

Alice: The Trenitalia site shows the usual compliment of trains, with the Frecciargento taking 3 hours 46 minutes. Laurel

Posted by
8700 posts

The problem is that new timetables will go into effect throughout most of Europe on 12 December and Trenitalia hasn't finished uploading theirs yet. Until they do, DBahn can't show all the trains. Enter a date no later than 11 December on either the Trenitalia site or the DBahn site and you'll get complete timetables. The new ones should be virtually identical to the current ones.