Please sign in to post.
Posted by
3958 posts

Yay glad to see the SFO-FCO route where there aren’t any competitors from the Bay Area.

Posted by
2267 posts

UA’s new transatlantic routes, last years and this, will be very much “use ‘em or lose ‘em.” They’re made possible by the carrier having aircraft to redeploy while service to Asia remains limited by COVID restrictions. When that changes planes will redistribute to where profit potential looks best.

Posted by
72 posts

Having flown SFO -FCO three times this year, I welcome a non-stop flight. I year too late, but I will take it.

Posted by
200 posts

Thanks for posting -- but I'm pretty bummed out. Was hoping for a resumption of their 2020 planned DIRECT flight from Newark to Palermo. I wonder how these decisions are made?

Posted by
4412 posts

And don't forget, they are giving up on their JFK experiment. So back to Newark everyone.

Posted by
1188 posts

Considering UA is currently operating a whopping 4 flights a day out of JFK, all to either LA or San Francisco, I doubt many will notice their departure.

Posted by
3857 posts

Thanks for posting, Eric I guess now we're just waiting on American to announce its 2023 transatlantic route additions.

Posted by
306 posts

And don't forget, they are giving up on their JFK experiment. So back to Newark everyone.

United's JFK slots were a short-term lease from another carrier, forget which. The lease of the slots is expiring and won't be renewed, so United has little choice. The major strategic failure was by a previous United CEO, who long-term-leased United's JFK slots to Delta. And Delta ain't giving them up early!

Posted by
306 posts

United has started taking delivery of 8 new 78Xs (787-10s).