Please sign in to post.

UK Car Rental

I've reserved a "mini" from Europcar in Aberdeen for later this month. That classification shows "Ford Ka or similar" as the vehicle I'll get. It's only me and two pieces of luggage so I don't need anything other than a three-door vehicle. Does anyone know what various brands might be available and if one is any better than the other. I'll have it for 20 days and will be driving about 1500 miles in all.

Posted by
1167 posts

No matter what car you get remove the left side hebcaps/wheelcovers before starting out. You are almost certain to hit curbs and don't want to worry about losing them.

Posted by
32209 posts

Gary, Did you reserve an auto or manual transmission? Unless you're used to shifting with your left hand, driving with an auto transmission is easier, especially when driving on the "correct side of the road" for the first time. The Ford KA is a very small car, but should be adequate for one person plus luggage. That particular model seems to be very popular in Italy also. I'd recommend packing along a GPS unit along with a good Map, and also accepting the best CDW package. Happy travels!